Nuveen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nuveen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a second interview, after a more technically focused phone interview with the head of the department. I met with three employees, one at a time, in a conference room. The talk was mainly a description of the position and general questions about my background.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuveen (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got to the final round of interviews. Thought they went well although I didn't have a credit background (it was a pretty entry-level role). I literally never heard back from them which was not surprising seeing as it was the most unorganized interview process I have ever taken part in (other than maybe JP Morgan but thats another ballpark). Multiple people had said they would call me to let me know what the decision was on different days with none of them actually ever calling me. This was 3 months ago. At the time I was interviewing with over 20 companies and had taken about 5 hours off of work collectively to interview at Nuveen/TIAA specifically. Pretty unacceptable that they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about experience on projects that included the need to be detail oriented. Interest in credit and why. All experience-based or behavioral.   1 Answer

Product Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuveen in April 2016.

Interview

Had two back to back phone interviews. They then flew me into the Chicago office where I had a series of interviews with analysts, associates, and the managing director. (Basic interview questions)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position? Why do you want to work for Nuveen?   Answer Question

IT Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuveen.

Interview

The interview was with about 8 different people over the course of 4 hours. A couple had 2 people , a couple had one person, one had 3 people. The interview was 3 weeks ago and they have given me as a candidate enough respect to close out the process if they weren't going to extend an offer.

Derivatives Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application through the website. I was a ringer for based on my previous employment history. Received a followup via email to schedule a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was behavioral/fit. Went will until interviewer disliked my explanation of why I left a position for another after short period. Advice: Be prepared for gaps or issues regarding your employment history. It probably will be brought up.

Interview Questions

• Why would did you leave a full time position for another job?   Answer Question

Funds Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick process for entry level position. Asked informative questions and requested accurate descriptions of previous roles and employment. I interviewed with HR personnel and then had a panel of two managers interview me personally.

Interview Questions

• Questions on past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted. Too early in my career to negotiate.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty good experience and standard for intern interviews. Asked about my background and extracurricular experience in college during the phone screen then during the second round, talked with future supervisor to make sure I would be comfortable of performing the job.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to summarize the position and why I thought I would be a good fit. Questions about my current project and my roles in them. I was asked to explain the product I am working on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I just came into the office and met with a variety of people. Very casual, but sometimes formal. It is important to read how the interviewer wants to be in terms of formality. Come prepared with research done as well as answers to why you want to work at Nuveen. Mostly was behavioral for my department (sales).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Series of phone interviews. First with HR, after that with the person who would be my immediate supervisor and lastly with his supervisor. The interview had some technical questions, but it was mostly a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Please describe to me what this company does, in a way that someone with no knowledge of the industry would understand.   Answer Question