Oak Ridge National Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.7

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a casual 40 minutes phone interview with an recruiter. This is a first step before an on-site interview. The recruited would reply me back once the screening is processed.

Interview Questions

• What you do expect when you work in ORNL?
      How much salary do you want?
      When can you start to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Zintellect and one of the mentors emailed me asking me if I would like to accept. There was no official interview technically, just submitting my info an experience online. But it may depend on the mentor.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Just a behavioral phone interview with a few staff scientists, nothing hard. Be sure to describe your programming and research experience. Know your research interests ahead of time. This may depend on group and by need.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Day long interview, tight schedule, met many scientists in various departments. This was good experience. I was asked about past works, what idea I could bring in, intelligent, in depth questions but good experience during interview. I arrived night before and left next day late evening. The interview started early from 9 in the morning and lasted till 5:30 in afternoon. During this process I was asked questions or interviewed by fourteen different people including HR.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

very well organized, agenda was sent couple weeks ago before the interview. Presentation is required, about 20 mins, followed by 15 mins Q&A. Interviews were one to one, questions are not difficult, close related to your background and job description. Overall, it was a fun experience.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very nice, and asked couple of technique questions. The human resource and administrative secretary were very helpful on document preparation. The difficulty of the interview overall is average.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter on ORNLs website. The information is screened, and once selected, there is a phone call asking you to come in for an interview. The interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Interview

Telephone interview with the manager, spoke about the previous work experience and what I can contribute to the current job, about the work i did during masters and the projects. The role was for a supply chain research analyst in ethanol industry, spoke about how I can use my experience in this.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call from an HR rep, who then scheduled an in-person interview at Oak Ridge. They arranged for the flight, car rental, and hotel. I met with many people over one and a half days. Most of these were 30 minute informal meetings with other scientists in the group. Only a couple of them were real "interviews". In addition, a 1 hour seminar on my research was required on the first day, that most of the group attended.

My only gripe was that after the interview, I did not hear anything back (despite emailing several people) for three months until notified by an automated system that the job posting was closed.

Post Baccalaurette Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line. Heard back in about 2 weeks. Had an in person interview with a R&D staff member at the lab. I had an in with a Governors Chair that I did research with at university so it was easy to get in

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I wanted to come work on the projects they were being funded, what my plans were after. General questions about myself. Get to know me kind of deal.   Answer Question