Oak Ridge National Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Got hired after invited to give a seminar. Talked with other staff members very informally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed up with an on-site meeting with multiple teams. The process was very professional and detailed. I felt very comfortable and was excited at the opportunity to take the position. The work/life balance they offer was very enticing combined with a great benefits package. The negotiations with pay took the longest time and were unable to meet my expectations to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, did a good job letting me explain my professional skill set and asking questions based on my experience.   Answer Question

Could not meet my expectations on pay to leave my current job.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Just a behavioral phone interview with a few staff scientists, nothing hard. Be sure to describe your programming and research experience. Know your research interests ahead of time. This may depend on group and by need.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Interview

Quick phone call confirming I had the software proficiencies needed for the job, talked about the project I would be working on and what prior knowledge I would need to do it

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Interview

Applied online, found a mentor to work with by emailing around at various facilities I was interested in. No interview other than reviewing my application and asking me a few questions over email

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked, because there was essentially no interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Payment is handled through a stipend from ORAU. $500/week in my case

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with professor to discuss potential research projects and funding sources. Figured out funding source and decided on research project that was most interesting to me. We ended up discussing his research interests and he explaiend a good deal about how he came to his reseaech department

Interview Questions

• Asked about recent project with different research team.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter on ORNLs website. The information is screened, and once selected, there is a phone call asking you to come in for an interview. The interview was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Senior Research and Development Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I am interview twice this location as similar position. The process is slow as it has to get many government clearances. But the opportunity is great. The interview process is wonderful buth they need background chck before interview also. The time duration for interview is for the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Funding questions are more difficult as we do not know how govt to govt funding works   Answer Question

Pay was lesser

Management Interview

Interview

inconsistent - hiring managers rarely use a structured interview process. Often the process is very unstructured and questions posed by panels are rather random and uncoordinated. Clearly, some hiring offices are different and some do follow a very structured process. Some offices begin by filtering the candidates and then followup with phone/video screens of the most qualified, then followed with an onsite panel interview process.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job? what makes you want to explore new opportunities? what makes you unique and give reasons why ORNL should consider hiring you?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Interview

Interview and Recruitment process was very positive. I really understood their questions and felt the panel was invested in the interview. The HR employee was very helpful.
    I was not hired as they went with someone they already knew.

Interview Questions

• Technical job questions.
      How I would fit into the organization.   Answer Question