Olin Chlor Alkali Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus after meeting the recruiter at a job fair. Initial interview was a very positive experience and left me excited for future possibility. HOWEVER, the subsequent follow up was a mess. I was supposed to be contacted to arrange travel to Texas and/or Louisiana for an onsite interview. I followed up when I never heard from anyone and was told there were no jobs in Texas or Louisiana. I was told about a potential position in Niagra Falls. Then Alabama. Then was told that I couldn't interview because I indicated I wanted to stay "local to Louisiana". I live in Tennessee and was clear that I am open to relocating, even though they have a plant nearby that had an open position I would have considered. Then I was told they didn't have positions for Bio-Medical Engineers. Somehow they had all of my information mixed up with someone elses. I am a mechanical engineer. Then I was contacted again about arranging an interview, and I gave dates that I was not available during finals week. She immediately contacted me to schedule an interview during that time. I informed her again that I could come the week after and never heard back. The entire process was a mess, and it's a shame because I was very interested in pursuing it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with and had to solve an engineering problem.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Submitted resume on their website. Got a phone interview with my supervisor, manager, and HR manager two weeks later. Invited to plant the next week for another interview with the same three people and an engineer. Called me at the end of the day with an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. All behavioral based.

Tell us about your overall strategy for leading a group. (for a school project)
      Answer Question

Chemical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in McIntosh, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali (McIntosh, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was a 2-panel interview with an HR representative and an engineer. The questions mostly revolved around the information contained on my resume. It is imperative to know everything included on your resume because follow up questions were also asked. There were also 2 to 3 behavioral questions asked; the phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

The second interview was in person, and was a 3-panel interview with an HR representative and 2 engineers. The interview consisted of 5 behavioral questions, each of which, having the same follow-up questions (e.g. "Tell me about a time when...", "What did you learn from that experience", "How have you used that lesson since then"). If you familiarize yourself with the STAR Method, the interview will go very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions I received were the follow-up questions asked during the phone interview. The questions were related to safety programs that I have little to no knowledge of, but they were listed on the job posting. I suggest reviewing the job posting thoroughly and becoming familiar with every aspect of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer and did not feel a need to negotiate.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR, saying that they got my resume from one of the job boards. Then, they scheduled with me when I will like to be interviewed. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very brief, as the HR Manager was kinda in a hurry, as such could not give the type of interview expected. All he asked was if I had the right to work in the US, which I said yes and other questions on my resume reviews for 5 mins.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali (Henderson, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was easy and informative. They give you a chance to ask question on items that are important to you. They also ask you questions about you past work history. You may have to give specific scenarios at your previous job. They also do a back ground check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Was I a safe worker and what did I do to make it safer,   1 Answer

Chemical Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali (Freeport, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Gave my resume to the recruiters at the college, got a call back a week after. Did a phone interview, 2 weeks after the phone interview, I had a face to face interview. 2 weeks after that, i got the acceptance letter.

Interview Questions

• Mainly Leadership, Safety, and "What would you do" questions.   Answer Question

Operations Loader Caustic/Bleach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali (Niagara Falls, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

4 exams from easy to difficult. I have a military background and a bachelor degree with progressive and diverse experience. Typical questions just study and know yourself as well as be able to explain everything on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when ....   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation process rate of pay is set based on the Union, $17 to start for 90 days then increases 5% from 80% to 100% for the next 4 years, top rate for 2012 is $30.85.