Ontario Securities Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very fast and typical questions. Just be confident and dress professionally. Let your personality show. The job title says it itself. Ask questions at the end of the interview because that shows interest.

Accounting Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in September, Interviewed in October. Process was fast. I got a call from HR for an in-person interview. Interview was very quick and short, 20 minutes. Interviewer seemed very disinterested in my personality and cared more about my accounting knowledge.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A phone interview + a two part interview process that turned out to be three.
    I appreciated the people I spoke with. Overall, there seemed to be some discord between HR & the hiring manager. The last interview was moved a few times and the hiring manager didn't seem like he wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• The role sought an outsider with new ideas and new ways of thinking for the organization. The questions and feeling I got did not fit with this view. They were very concerned with their image and present activities. They ultimately went with a more conservative choice than what I thought they wanted, based on their job description.   Answer Question

IT Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was via webcam, about half an hour long. I was asked questions for most of the interview, then given some time at the end to ask my own questions. The questions were mostly about how my skills applied to the job, and why I thought it would be a good fit. There were no technical questions. The interviewer was actually a fairly recent employee, though he seemed to enjoy working there.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was great. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to finish the process as my contract was up and I needed to find employment. I would have for sure stayed on if I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your lawyer made a mistake on a document.   1 Answer

Senior Legal Counsel, Market Regulation Interview

Application

Interview

There was a fairly easy written test that required completion on a laptap. I was advised of this before coming in for the assignment. It required the preparation of a mock written memo. After this stage of the recruiting process there was a follow up interview consisting of predetermined formal questions by two senior lawyers. The interviewers were personable and friendly and the questions were a mix of substantive law and behavioural HR questions.

Digital Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got HR response that telephonic interview with technical manager has been scheduled, after half n hr phone screening, they invited me for personal interview which involved coding exercise and question-answer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First met with hiring manager and another member of the department. They described the role and I had the chance to ask questions about the position. Second interview with other members of the department.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about working with lawyers, what do yo find difficult   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by HR, but no HR rep during the interview. Hiring manager doesn't even know the salary range. I was told that they will inform me of the decision in a week, but it's been more than 4 weeks and still no news. Then the same position got posted on their website again! Seems like they already made their decision but too lazy to inform the interviewers.

2L Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

You apply online, then their HR contacts you to set up an interview over Reading Week. After the interview, they say you will hear back in 3 weeks time.

The interview was a panel of 5 people. Appeared to be a fit interview. Spent ~10 minutes explaining their summer/articling programs, then ~10 minutes asking questions about relevant resume experience/comfort with litigation. The rest of the interview they had me ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• What classes do you expect to take in the future? Tell me about your experience at X company? Did you become more comfortable mooting/in court as you had more and more experience? What do you know about our JSOT program? No substantive questions about legislation.   Answer Question