Ontario Securities Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very fast and typical questions. Just be confident and dress professionally. Let your personality show. The job title says it itself. Ask questions at the end of the interview because that shows interest.

Senior Legal Counsel, Market Regulation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a fairly easy written test that required completion on a laptap. I was advised of this before coming in for the assignment. It required the preparation of a mock written memo. After this stage of the recruiting process there was a follow up interview consisting of predetermined formal questions by two senior lawyers. The interviewers were personable and friendly and the questions were a mix of substantive law and behavioural HR questions.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First met with hiring manager and another member of the department. They described the role and I had the chance to ask questions about the position. Second interview with other members of the department.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about working with lawyers, what do yo find difficult   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by HR, but no HR rep during the interview. Hiring manager doesn't even know the salary range. I was told that they will inform me of the decision in a week, but it's been more than 4 weeks and still no news. Then the same position got posted on their website again! Seems like they already made their decision but too lazy to inform the interviewers.

2L Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

You apply online, then their HR contacts you to set up an interview over Reading Week. After the interview, they say you will hear back in 3 weeks time.

The interview was a panel of 5 people. Appeared to be a fit interview. Spent ~10 minutes explaining their summer/articling programs, then ~10 minutes asking questions about relevant resume experience/comfort with litigation. The rest of the interview they had me ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• What classes do you expect to take in the future? Tell me about your experience at X company? Did you become more comfortable mooting/in court as you had more and more experience? What do you know about our JSOT program? No substantive questions about legislation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

one by two interview, 40 minutes. in first 10 minutes, they gave a basic concept about their team and how OSC behaves. Then they asked some basic concepts about derivatives products, financial market, risk management. some behavior questions including integrity, teamwork and loyalty.

Articling Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

The OSC participates in the formal articling process through the Ontario law schools so you get a call on call day and schedule your interview during the allocated interview days. There was only one interview, no follow up visit or second interview. The actual interview was very formal, a panel of interviewers, formal question/answer format, very little or no chit chat, the interviewers made a lot of notes I'm assuming so that they could compare your answers with those of the other candidates. Some general questions about securities regulation and policies should be expected. The remainder of the questions were behavioural/situational (ie have you faced a challenge at your previous work and how did you handle it) and questions relating to your skills and how they will benefit you in the role that you've applied for.

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between investor protection and encouraging efficiency in the capital markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Poor - I was offered the same job 3 different times - the HR Manager forgot she'd already offered it to me in the past.

Negotiation

Confusing - took too long to get the offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had one panel interview with the Hiring Manager and her colleague. The Interview ran for an hour with an overview of responsibilities, a few behavioural questions were asked, more concerned with skills -set to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I work with dealing with difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Securities Commission.

Interview

ineffective