Opal Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Opal Financial Group

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Required to come in for a short 10-15 minute face-to-face interview to determine if there was a need for a second or third interview. Required to fill out a paper application upon arrival for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to come in for a full day of shadowing with a staff member.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

it was OK. I had to wait for half an hour in the waiting area and finally the hr person showed up and took a small interview and again had to wait for another 10 mins for the actually interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group.

Interview

I'm not sure how they found my resume, got a call that they wanted to meet me in person. I came in and met with the HR representative. She was very nice and made me feel very comfortable. I then met with the sales manager.

I came back for a final interview with the CEO who offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most infamous question: Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview then an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty easy and the in person interview was average. They didn't call back after the interview so I guess I didn't get the job. It would be professional if they replied back saying I didn't get the job instead of waiting for weeks for a decision.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR director was pretty easy just a casual conversation about a few past work experiences and team situations. Second interview was with a manager which I guess didn't go so well because i never heard back from her even after sending a few follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy questions mostly about being in a team environment.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone and in person

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with their head of HR, department manager, and finally the CEO

Interview Questions

• Explain your greatest accomplishment and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with the owner- all he did was look at his computer, barely looked up, said it as for his wanting to review my resume, he couldn't be bothered to spend 10 seconds on it before I got there

Interview Questions

Negotiation

BS, low salary b/c they say you will make LOTS of commissions, try getting paid your commissions- GOOD LUCK!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opal Financial Group (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. They had me talk to a few of their employees, their HR head, the current person in the position, the person who would be the "boss" and the CEO. The questions were straightforward, largely based on your resume. Often asked about group dynamic questions, what type of manager would you be? What type of manager would you prefer to work under?

Interview Questions

Very unappealing. The position was alright, something I was looking into as a backup. Some of the people I met were nice and seemed pleasant to work with. However, the conversation with the CEO was extremely off putting. During the in person conversation, he was on his computer the majority of the time, excusing himself by saying that he was communicating with the other people who had interviewed me. That may have been true, however, he never really was able to pull away from it and focus on the conversation we were having. He often asked "Well, do you want to work here?" suggesting that many people probably do not follow through, even if given an offer. He then asked me to tell him less than 24 hours later of my decision. It seemed that he was trying to bully me because i was young. The following day I called him when I was supposed to and had an even more off putting conversation, where half way through the conversation, he suggested that he may have to reconsider as well if I needed to reconsider. I never suggested that I needed to reconsider, simply that I needed more details (the number of conferences, the salary, vacation days, etc). Overall, the office was terrible (dingy looking, no lighting, depressing), few of the people I met were socially awkward, and the CEO was very unpleasant. Luckily it was far from my top choice and so it wasn't really an issue for me. Even if it is your first choice, I would suggest you consider if you'd like to work at a place like this.