PA Department Public Welfare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PA Department Public Welfare Interview Questions

2.3

Liquor Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Camp Hill, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Looking for part-time employees, and going over all the duties of the job, such as storing crates and boxes, and helping customers. Also, counting change. Learning about different wines in order to help the client make a proper purchase. Some duties also involve cleaning and caring for the Wine and Spirits stores.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I took the civil service exam in late October and was called for an interview in late January; the interview was really more of a "group information session" where HR staff verified our paperwork was complete and DHS staff told us about the position, the training experience and the logistics and timing of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions; HR confirmed that they would make offers to interested applicants based on your score on the civil service exam.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Chester, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Delco's Chester CAO.
    Cordial HR representatives took my paperwork, checked it, then gave an outline of the interview to following. I was taken into a room and seated in front of very young looking (they looked as if they were interns) male and female couple who asked me to read the 3 questions on the paper in front of me and to let them know when I was through. Once I told them I was finished, they took turns asking me each of those questions and writing down my answers. Hardly any interaction or eye contact. Once finished with the 3 interview questions, they asked me if I had any questions for them, and quickly answered my couple of queries. After they asked me once more if I had any further questions for them, the young woman got up from the bench and showed me the door. All in all it was less than 15 minutes. Very cold and non-personal.

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst customer service experience?
      Do you acknowledge and accept criticism for your mistakes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Hiring process very easy. In philadelphia county there is no real interview. You score high enough you will get called. If your references pan out your in. They will call you in and call it an interview however all you do is complete paperwork and they make sure everything is filled out correctly. Then they call you after that with an orientation start date and offer.

Negotiation

no negotion, everyone starts at same level.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare.

Interview

Step 1 - take the civil service test. Step 2 - receive a letter in the mail or a phone call to setup an interview. Step 3 - interview will consist of a 3 person interviewing panel. All answers will be recorded and a points system will be used to grade your responses. An offer of employment will come from the office you interviewed in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you found yourself in and how did you come away from it?   Answer Question

IMCW Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

If you score in a high enough range on the Civil Service test, you will get to be interviewed by 1 to 3 supervisors from the office you applied to work in. They will ask you a set of questions, but otherwise not talk to you during the interview. You can take your time to answer these questions completely.

Interview Questions

• They are pretty standard questions involving interoffice dealings and work management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. State workers have standard salaries and benefits.

IT Desktop Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

You first start of by taking the civil service test, if you score high you get called for an interview for various agencies.

You then sit in front of a panel where you briefly describe your experience, but strangely enough answer no real technical questions.

All three people have only 10 questions they ask from and its all the same. They write your responses down as you are talking.

ENERGY ASSISTANCE WORKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (York, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel interview. 3 supervisors in a room, asking questions 1 at a time. Little to no eye contact is made during the interview, as they are taking notes from your responses. You are allotted 30 minutes for the interview. Most people were able to finish in 10 minutes or less.

Security Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (New Castle, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Take Civil Service test. interview is basic security / safety questions and board takes notes while you talk

Interview Questions

• questions change basic questions what would you do if you saw a fire, found an open door, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union position. Hr was great process takes time for clearances, tb test, medical exam

Security Risk Advisers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Department Public Welfare (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone and face to face, I had a phone interview with HR, then another with a manager of their SOC. They explained their company and I explained my background in the IT Security field.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background   1 Answer