PETERMAYER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PETERMAYER

2.9

Senior Search Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

Another agency fishing for free work. For the second interview, Peter Mayer asked for a full brand strategy presentation for their company to compete in the tourism and travel segment. SEO, SEM, social media, website UX, and even event marketing and PR. I got the feeling that they are simply looking for marketing managers to do free work for them. It's pretty unethical for a company to ask for work that they can use to benefit themselves or their clients, as part of a job interview. They could have asked for hypothetical work for a fake company, and that would have been far less questionable. I definitely wasn't comfortable with putting my best work out there, especially because I never actually got to meet them in person. I wasn't able to trust that they weren't using my time solely for their agency's benefit. The last time Peter Mayer asked for me to interview with their company, they withdrew the position entirely, so I was already wary of giving them a second chance. Do you really want to work for a company that isn't willing to pay you for your time and expertise? If they want an extensively researched brand strategy for free as part of the interview, something that will take days of work for you to execute well, what else will they ask for you to do without pay for them later?

Interview Questions

• Peter Mayer asked for a full brand strategy presentation for their own agency as a second interview   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PETERMAYER.

Interview

Someone from Peter Mayer reached out to schedule a phone interview, I followed up 5 times, and never received a response again to set up the call. Pretty unprofessional.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA) in July 2011.

Interview

Because this is a leading agency in Louisiana, I was prepared for an intense interview. They were much more casual than I expected, it seemed more like a first date than an interview. Unfortunately, the job I applied for was no longer needed by the end of the week, which was upsetting. Good luck to anyone who interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall a difficult problem during the one on one interview.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got an invitation after a first phone call. Met with a few people that I would work and some of the department leaders some more qualified than others. The HR person asked what my expectations were in terms of salary. The gap was way to wide even though I did ask below industry average. Just made them look like they wanted to get labor for cheap. Never a good sign. The job I actually took paid me almost 30% more and that was not even a high salary. If you can not estimate the value of work properly you have a fundamental problem in finding talent.

Interview Questions

PETERMAYER Response

Oct 27, 2017

Hi there. At the time you describe, we were recruiting a close-to-entry level analytics position, so I’m sorry you were disappointed at the gap. We do assess salary expectations before the offer... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online, got an email back a couple of days later and then scheduled an in person interview. Once I got to the office, I was escorted into a conference room where I waited for about 10-15 minutes before the interview began. The interview was fairly straight forward about the job and what the responsibilities were with no real oddball or off the wall questions or tests.

Interview Questions

• What advantage would you have with our local clients given that you are from here that someone that was not would have?   Answer Question

Digital Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA) in February 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was intense, but in a good way. Upper management, up to the CEO and President were involved. This shows that it's a very tight-knit workplace and they take great pride in their employees and who is working for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of my work   1 Answer

Design Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PETERMAYER (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview process was a bit lengthy, but not terrible. I felt at ease interviewing with the personnel I sat with. However, HR has yet to call back and I'm certain they have probably filled the position despite being assured they are "pretty good about that." Call HR directly would be something to consider after an adequate length of time has passed to check in.

Interview Questions

• My process, if I had any process sketches.   1 Answer