PHI Air Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PHI Air Medical

Sort:

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. live phone screen with 3 individuals, one phone with HR and one in person with hiring manager. Felt that all three phases of the process went well but in the end they went with the other candidate who apparently fit better into their company culture

Flight Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical.

Interview

Written test and scenerios. If those scores were passing, you were selected to move into the interview process. Peer interview followed by a round table interview with base supervisors.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Pretty long process for me, from the time I applied till the job decline took about 3 months. First interview is basically just a personality test. They get to know you, your interests and your personality. If they like you and think you'll be a good fit for their team, they'll administer a very basic computer skills test. This test is extremely simple, basically just seeing if you know how to work a computer. If you get through this interview they'll sit you down in the communication center to shadow a specialist. The specialist will show you what they do, how they do it and what a day on the job would be like.
    Once you pass this stage they'll contact you for a second interview, typically about a week or so later. This is more the typical interview, basic questions nothing out of the ordinary.
    In the end, 3 months, 2 interviews and 4 hours of shadowing later they decided to go with another candidate. Overall good interview experience, but the offer decline put a damper on everything.

Interview Questions

• First interview's questions were just getting to know you. Your interests, hobbies, background, etc. They tell you about the company culture, methods of operation and such.
      Second interview was typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical.

Interview

In person interview followed by a typing test. If you pass this you will do a "side-by-side" which is where you plug in with a dispatcher and listen to their calls and make sure the job is what you want to do. I waited an additional week after this and had an offer presented to me. There is no negotiation for wage/benefits, take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all behavioral based, nothing difficult or unexpected about them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Biller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical in March 2012.

Interview

the interview went well.

EMS Helicopter Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

Overall best interview process I have experienced in many jobs within the aviation industry. Hotel furnished for overnight stay. Business casual attire was pre-briefed for interviewees. Technical interview was standard FAR 91 questions written test, plus a VFR flight planning exercise. Diagnostic flight check in VFR single-engine helicopter, with pre-briefed standards designed to evaluate basic flying skill and adherence to company procedures. Received extensive facility tour of maintenance, operations, and hangar facilities, highlighting the company's well-established top-tier procedures and capabilities--best operating facility overall I have seen in the aviation industry.

Interview Questions

• There were no uncomfortable or difficult situations in the interview process, which aside from the technical portions, consisted of meeting many of the company's top officers for "table talk" in conversational settings, including a conference room and an on-facility lunch setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were straightforward with a salary range offered that took into consideration my experience level in the industry. I was pleased with the offer which amounted to a considerable raise from my previous position and accepted the offer.

HEMS Pilot (VFR) Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PHI Air Medical.

Interview

Application submitted through their website. A phone interview was conducted a week later. This phone interview wasn’t stressful; they just want to get to know you.

After the successful phone interview, a formal interview will be scheduled. I did mine in Phoenix at their HQ. There were 3 phases to this interview:

1) A face-to-face with some higher-ups that consisted of questions that establish how you conduct yourself and what kind of person you are. Fairly normal stuff.

2) A multiple-choice exam that you should have no problem with, provided you are indeed a rated helicopter pilot.

3) A flight interview that consists of basic VFR maneuvers. This was a relatively stress-free flight, without any EPs. If you’re current/recent, you should do just fine.

Afterwards, you do your drug test and wait for a phone call/email.