Pacific American Fish Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific American Fish Company Interview Questions

2.2

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific American Fish Company (Vernon, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter from Robert Half the same day they told me of the position, so I had to rush to get ready. Once I get there, it was kinda tricky getting in, but I managed. There was this stench of fish throughout the parking lot and building structure. Once I got inside, the smell remained, but diluted with the scent of disinfectant--like the company tried to get rid of the smell, but you can still smell fish. I got to the receptionist, and told her I had an interview. She had to check with her supervisor, but they finally figured out that I do, even the supervisor had to double check. At the time, he was in a meeting, so another employee personnel interviewed me.
    They gave me a test of math/accounting questions and logic word problems to complete. The Robert Half recruiter warned me of this, and I brought a calculator, which I asked if I could use, and they said yes.
    I finished the page, both front and back, and handed it over, they were fairly simple if you studied at a University. Just some background, I graduated with a B.S. in Business, so the sheet wasn't an issue.
    Afterwards I was led upstairs (it still smells of fish and disinfectant), and was sat in a room with a computer with Excel problems. Just FYI, when you partner with a recruiting agency (Robert Half or Apple One) they have you do online Excel and Word assessments, it was just like that. Mind you, these assessments are total BS, you can't use shortcuts or scroll down the excel sheet and other stuff, you'll know what I mean when you take it. Anyways, I finished the test and then went to the employee giving the interview that I finished. He said I got a 90%, and that's when the real interview started.
    He asked me questions on my resume, my experience and skills, what he really was interested in is if I had any Accounting experience (which I didn't other than the classes I took at my University).
    The interview went extremely well, one of the best I've ever had to date.
    When it came my turn to ask any questions I asked if there were any qualms he had with hiring me, and he said that they were looking for an Accountant, so I knew then I wasn't going to get the position.

Interview Questions

• Math/logic/accounting paper test, Excel computer assessment, general interview questions in person.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific American Fish Company.

Interview

Very interesting, the executive vice president asks some ridiculous questions that have nothing to do with the work or company. He tends to say there are chances for advancement but once you get in, you realize there isn't room for advancement just ability to move around to different jobs within the company without growing (e.g. from buying to sales or from fresh buying to frozen buying).

Interview Questions

• If there was a strawberry growing, would you pick it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific American Fish Company (Vernon, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had 5 interviews. One with an HR personnel then the other four with the "project manager". I'm not sure how he is still around. I'd honestly have to say that if you really need a job than go for it; However, if you're looking for a career then I'd advise to look elsewhere. I'm just trying to keep it real.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied for administrative assistant, and I went there twice for interview. First time with HR, and the second time with the vice president. The president said according to my interview, he would like to offer me position of inventory control specialist.

Interview Questions

Salary is low, and the company does not sponsor visa, and the work starts at 6AM!!

Night Shipping/Receiving Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific American Fish Company (Vernon, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Math Test, few questions and I started the very next day. Not much more was discussed. They told me there was no parking on-site and that I could expect to work long hours. I applied for a totally different position and was transferred within a month.