Pathfinder International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Mid Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Watertown, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Went three rounds. Met with members of leadership team and unit staff, as well as HR. Interviews were not too difficult; answered questions on experience and behavioral issues. Answered questions regarding views on Pathfinder mission. Cultural fit is very important and demonstrated interest and passion in the mission is also critical. Everyone was respectful, positive, and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any questions too difficult or unexpected. Be ready to explain why you want to leave current job and why Pathfinder and specific job would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated on vacation. Benefits are pretty good, salary was competitive in nonprofit market.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Watertown, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Formal, professional, and courteous. HR conducted the initial phone interview, then I met with the head of the department as well as other directors in the department. Afterwards, the HR requested for my list of references and then it was off to negotiation on the salary.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pathfinder International.

Interview

I had a total of three panel interviews, all within a month. I thought they went really well and was excited about the position. After my last interview, I was told that they would be making a decision the following week and would follow up then. I never heard back from them again, which was extremely disappointing.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Watertown, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, manager interview, group interview. Everyone seemed nice, but hiring seemed disorganized. They weren't actually ready to hire someone it seemed like, so I eventually withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project that went south and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Grant Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Watertown, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Pathfinder's interviews were a professional and friendly process. Over three months transpired from the date I submitted my application to the day that I heard that I had been turned down. One month after applying online, I was invited for a phone interview. One month after that, I was invited to interview with two people in person. One month after that, I was invited to interview with the rest of the team who I would work with. This was a thorough and careful selection process.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of a successful grant writing process?   Answer Question
    • How would you get information from people who have competing priorities and no time to meet with you?   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied, Called for interview in two weeks time. Initially with Senior local team in Tanzania, followed by two interviews with senior level staff at the headquarter. Received and accepted offer in one month. Fair interview process

Interview Questions

• What is your view about supporting access to safe abortion services   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth and nothing significant to report

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (New Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was arranged online and held in person in Delhi by senior management from HQ and Delhi. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly and detailed discussions were held about the scope of work and how I saw my contribution to the new project being launched

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pathfinder International (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in March 2014.

Interview

CV screening, interview, and then I was asked to perform basic office skills, and required to translate a document from Vietnamese to English and vice versa. The interview started in English but then switched to Vietnamese. I was also introduced to other people from different departments, and got time to discuss with the country representative as well.

Interview Questions

• My education background, academic achievement, experience in the past, why want to work with them, why should they hire me, how long can I commit to work, what salary to expect. Basic, simple questions.   1 Answer