Penn Environment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Penn Environment

Climate Defebder Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Environment.

Interview

You need to submit a writing sample and a questionnaire. Easy phone interview. Was asked for second interview which was much more difficult. Ultimately did not get offered position after final interview. They tell you they will train you when you get hired but then ask you questions during interview that you would encounter after hiring.

Interview Questions

• Pick a climate issue and explain how you would go about garnering public support.   Answer Question

Campaign Oranizer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn Environment.

Interview

Asked questions about my interests, what causes I care about and follow in the new. Immediately asked for 2nd interview. The interview last about 30 minutes. Took about 2 weeks to set up the next interview, which is 2 hours away. They ask you to go for a group interview but I couldn't make it on that date so I'm going to have an in person interview separately.

Interview Questions

• What causes do you care about? What do you follow in the news?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Penn Environment (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty brief and informal. I was interviewed by a recent graduate who was there on a fellowship. She asked about some of my extracurriculars and about why I was interested in the position and environmental issues. She made an explicit offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you have faced at work. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Interview

Well, I came across this opportunity and decided to give it a shot. In the interview first we got an introduction of PeenEnvironment, and then the function of Canvasser. It was not an easy job, as you are supposed to come up door to door and talk to people, and get them agree with the idea you are trying to sell.

Interview Questions

• What if someone don't agree that we should protect the environment   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn Environment (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

You call them on the phone and ask for whoever the flyer says to ask for. That person won't be there because it's just a way to see where people are actually responding to the flyers. They ask you about yourself and then ask you to come in for an interview that day or the next day. You go in for the interview with a bunch of other people and a director tells you about what they do. Dress nicely because they pick out people that they want first to actually interview in the back room where they'll ask you how you would deal with a person that wants to know how their contributions would help the cause. You get the job right there and show up for your observation day the next day. Everyone else is sent home and told they will be in touch.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a person wanting to know how their contributions would help?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Environment in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked behavioral questions. Strengths weaknesses etc

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with an appraisal from boss or teacher   Answer Question