Piper Sandler Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 103 interviews

Employee Referral18%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Sandler (Minneapolis, MN) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was very formal, as one would expect with an investment banking role. It was pretty typical, with the standard technical questions and introductory questions to see if you would be a good fit for the team

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through a DCF model.
    Answer Question

Piper Sandler

Application

I interviewed at Piper Sandler

Interview

Initial screening call with HR that took a half hour. Then had another interview with a VP that had some technicals but mostly behavioral. After that the next step was to talk with the MD but I withdrew my name before that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Piper Sandler

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Piper Sandler

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Sandler in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online and heard back a couple weeks later. Had a first round phone interview which was some behavioral, but mostly getting to know you questions. Didnt hear back for two months then got a super day. Super day was long but not hard. Everyone at Piper is really nice and the main emphasis is on fit and if you really want to work there. One round of technicals during the super day. Not hard questions.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself? Q: Why Piper? Q: Deal you've followed

Piper Sandler

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Sandler

Interview

Interview process included two interviews and a written test. First interview was with team and second interview was with senior manager. Both interviews were 30-60 minutes. Interview questions with team was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Interview questions with senior manager was behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • If you could only use one financial statement to value a company, which would you use?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Piper Sandler (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2021

Interview

Overall great conversations, my most enjoyable interviews yet. All of the interviewers were very professional but comfortable. Variety of questions in 6 different interview sessions for my super day that was held by 9 interviewers total.

Interview Questions
  • When would you use EBIDA as opposed to EBIT when valuing a firm?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Sandler (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

one on one phone interview. spoke with an associate who was very friendly. very basic technicals about DCFs and valuation methods as well as some behavorials. overall the interview lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Piper Sandler (Minneapolis, MN) in Apr 2021

Interview

The process took a few weeks. It started with a couple phone interviews with associates and ended with a super day lasting 3 hours and including 6 separate interviews consisting of behavioral and technical questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Piper Sandler

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Piper Sandler

Interview

Attended on campus recruiting event and later applied for and received invite to summer networking event. Attended the San Francisco event, and due to my online preference received first round phone interview for New York office. The interview was mostly conversational, without any technicals and only a few behaviorals. Seemed as if the Summer Analyst positions had been filled.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Piper Sandler

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Piper Sandler

Interview

The process started with an initial behavioral phone call with the MD. I was then invited to a super day. I spoke with three directors and two associates. The calls went well, but it took me a long time to hear back. The HR rep was unprofessional in her email notifying me that I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Piper Sandler (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview process was quite easy as there was only one round, however this single round was lead by the President of the company. This fact alone made the interview nerve racking and there was no way to actually gauge how well I was doing during the process. There wasn't a technical but he did ask what my expertise was on certain fields.

Interview Questions
  • What background do you have on financial statement analysis?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Interviews