Cover image for Population Services International

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Population Services International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 70 of over 70 interviews

Employee Referral21%
In Person6%
HardAverageEasy

Population Services International

Application

I interviewed at Population Services International

Interview

Took 3 weeks from beginning to end. I was interviewed by her first then immediate boss as well as leadership for final offer. All in all it was a pleasant experience

Interview Questions
  • How to handle challenges with teams
    Answer Question

Population Services International

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Population Services International

Interview

Intense, made it through three rounds to a written and budget “exam” and then company completely ghosted me. I reached out and was told I’d receive more info about next steps and never heard anything again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Population Services International

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Population Services International in Aug 2021

Interview

HR screening and group interview of three panelists . I was pretty much disappointed by the process - one of panelist did not pay attention during the interview and another one was asking 4-5 questions why I applied for this position if I do not have straightforward background for it. Not sure why I got shortlisted for interview if they search for somebody with clear cut background in project management. Probably list of time . Never heard back despite several follow up emails. Obviously they do not care about applicants too much . Just a number

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Population Services International (Abuja, Federal Capital Territory) in May 2021

Interview

Virtual, two-stage personal interview, perhaps due to the ongoing pandemic. Went well, to my mind. No reason was given for not being selected even though the role was perfectly aligned to my competencies and strength. Expected prospective employer to make an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What I had done in previous projects, which makes me suitable for the role.

Population Services International

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Population Services International in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online and the next day, an HR Manager reached out to schedule a phone screening. We spoke for about a half hour walking through my resume, interest in the role and details about PSI. The following day, the hiring manager for the role reached out to schedule a video call. It took a lot of back and forth but I got something on the books the following week. That call included 3 people and lasted about an hour. We spoke mostly of the same things in a little more detail. They followed up immediately afterwards inviting me to round three. I was told round three consisted of a writing test and a final interview where I'd present what I wrote. They asked me to indicate a 48 hour period the following week in which I'd have time to complete the assignment. They scheduled the interview for noon on Wednesday and told me they'd send the assignment before noon Monday. Monday morning came and went with no email. I reached out to the hiring manager and there was some confusion on who was sending it. I received it after 2pm. Unfortunately, over the course of 2 work days, the assignment took almost 20 hours to complete. It included 2 fleshed out communications plans and a website analysis. This is challenging for anyone with a job. The last round interview was with 2 people on the same project in a different department. I was told it came down to myself and another candidate and it ultimately went to the other candidate. The pros were that everyone was super kind and smart. The cons were that the assignment was massively time consuming and near impossible for anyone with another job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Population Services International

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Population Services International in Jan 2021

Interview

I met with a recruiter and then a senior staff member I’d be reporting to. They were pleasant, easy to talk to and the interview went well in my opinion. Questions were standard. What I wasn’t impressed with is that it took them a month to get back to me to tell me they’d gone with someone else, despite a few emails to enquire.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a work colleague and how did you handle it?

Population Services International

Application

I interviewed at Population Services International

Interview

3 ENTRETIENS : le premier avec les RH qui appellent de Pologne, le 2eme avec responsable de service et le troisième avec le responsable bureau France. Les entretiens se font entièrement en anglais, l est donc important de pratiquer.

Interview Questions
  • motivation, expérience salaire Ils aiment les parcours atypiques
1 person found this interview helpful

Population Services International

Application

I interviewed at Population Services International

Interview

technical detailed questions about research are very good, very comfortable interactive interview, feels like you are discussing more than asking and answering questions, technical detailed questions about research are very good, very comfortable interactive interview, feels like you are discussing more than asking and answering questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harare

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Population Services International (Harare) in Oct 2020

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. 1 interview with key team members. 1 interview with senior management and HR director. Carried out a presentation task and answered a fire round of questions. Overall pleasant experience with the panels, however did not hear back, called for feedback was met with disinterest. Concerned about the HR directors connection with my boss as they knew each other personally.

Interview Questions
  • What would you change about social media presence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Population Services International (Johannesburg) in Jan 2020

Interview

great and engaging. I went through two rounds. They wanted somebody with a clear data background. They were quite thorough. thE PANEL WAS BALANCED with a wide spread of persons with different technical backgrounds

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Interviews

Population Services International Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Population Services International as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.97 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Associate Program Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Program Assistant and Intern - Hourly roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Population Services International takes an average of 31 days when considering 71 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern - Hourly had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 26 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Population Services International according to 71 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.06%