Project Vote Smart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Project Vote Smart Interview Questions

2.0

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very short. I submitted my cover letter and resume and was contacted within a week. There was one in person interview - it was a two on one with the two research directors at the Austin office. Since PVS is a non partisan company, I tried to emphasize that I was good at not being biased.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone started talking politics in the office?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philipsburg, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart (Philipsburg, MT) in May 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview less than a week after submitting my resume. Interviewed over phone and the questions were friendly and focused on a candidate's willingness to relocated, work for a minimal salary and their relevant experience. Overall, the process was quick and pleasant compared to most political organizations that I have dealt with.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work for our starting salary and move to our location in Montana?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart (Philipsburg, MT) in February 2016. The interview was fairly easy asking mostly questions about myself, the type of work expected, and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to keep a non-partisan culture at a company like PVS?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart in May 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview questions- Strengths, Weakness, most proud accomplishment, questions about oneself, reason for applying for internship. Remember to ask questions about the organization. Also, you can be asked whether you will be comfortable relocating and living in the conditions described in the internship application.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart.

Interview

I applied online and after reviewing my application they contacted for a phone interview. The phone's interview stayed for 20 minutes. In the interview, they asked me why am I interested in this internship and they asked me about my strength and weakness, they also asked about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this internships?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate over the length of the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Philipsburg, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart (Philipsburg, MT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was generally quick, and they responded quickly. The interviewer was on time with the phone interview, and accommodating to my schedule in a different time zone. The interview questions were fairly standard, though there is a bit of extra focus on social issues because of the former location of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing non-partisan information is important?   Answer Question

Interview

All behavioral questions
    Be able to talk about writing skills and how you edit/ensure your work is up to par
    Be able to explain why you are passionate about the PVS mission

Interview Questions

• Must provide a writing sample as part of interview process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really easy and quick. They emailed about setting up an interview about a week after I applied. The phone interview took about a half hour. They asked all the typical interview questions and they were really nice and friendly over the phone. Then within 24 hours they had checked my references and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were typical and situational. A lot of "Can you think of a time when you demonstrated x?"   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart in March 2014.

Interview

Very basic...the National Director formally offered the position...otherwise, the process was handled almost entirely by Mr. Kimball, who seemed more eager to fill the position I applied for speedily than anything. (search "Vote Smart firings / layoffs, March 2014")

Interview Questions

• "Would you be content in being paid a pro-rated salary of $19,000 annually?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomplicated...they were accommodating on the date I could start in the position.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Project Vote Smart.

Interview

This was easy and there was only one interview. I was expecting more, because usually offices prefer multiple interviews. I realize it would be hard to get applicants to Montana, but I think the lack of in-person and environmental aspects hurt their chances of retention

Interview Questions

• What do you like most and least about the American political system?   Answer Question