QCB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at QCB

1.9

Special Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QCB (Charlotte, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

Very strange experience interviewing for QCB. The office is located in a very unsafe part of town, with no signage or designation on the building. When interviewing for the Special Events Manager position, the hiring manager kept calling the position different things, as if she didn't know what position I was applying for, although I referenced the posting several times. She spent only 15 minutes with me, after having driven 2 hours one way for a required face-to-face interview, that turned out to be as simple as a phone screening. When describing my expertise directly related to the job, I got blank stares from the interviewer, as if she was unfamiliar with these industry practices. It was as if I knew way more about the job than she did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch from Events to Marketing?   1 Answer
    • If someone had to describe you in 3 words, what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What are your non-negotiables when it comes to a job? (ie. Work environment, team unity, benefits, etc.)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QCB.

Interview

This is the type of churn and burn popping up all over. If you are placed in a room with the dignity and rights of cattle, dont walk run for the door. Only person making money at these scams is the upper management and their friends.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new job?   1 Answer

QCB Response

May 8, 2018 – President

We are disappointed that you are left with a negative perception of QCB Events Inc. We are glad that you did find some positives during the period. It is unfortunate when we do not have the... More

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QCB (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I drove 5 hrs round trip from out of state twice in order to interview with their company for the 3 round interview process. They did NOT call me as promised, regarding whether or not I got the position. They voluntarily said they would call by a certain time on a certain day without any prompting from me. They knew I had lost 2 days worth of pay in order to interview with them yet did not have the common courtesy to afford me with a 2-5 minute call. I called back LVM requesting interview feedback but have not gottten a call back in a week. I sat down with the first interviewer/owner (Brook) for about 15-30 minutes and was asked a series of fairly general questions. She then invited me to the second round. At the second round I was taken out in the community and watched a current team lead and one team member pitch their make-up bag product at a local business. I was then given detailed information about the company and allowed to ask questions. This is when I found out it is a door-door sales position. Once back in the office I took a paper quiz (round 3) Both the interviewer and team lead gave me false hope, basically saying the job offer was imminent. However, I became wary of this role because I do NOT want to do make-up sales. As far as the position is concerned, it leaves no room for work-life balance, contrary to what interviewer #1/owner, Brook, said. Your schedule would be 7:30 am - 7 pm. You would basically be working 12 hr shifts! Physical demands include driving long distances daily (up to 2 hours) and frequent standing. Average starting salary is 32,000 - 35,000 for 12 hr/day shifts. In most cases more is needed in order to rent a 2 bedroom in a nice part of Charlotte (monthly income must = 3x rent, and 2 BD rent = 1,100/mo minimum). All things considered - time commitment/no work-life balance, physical demands, starting salary, I am truly glad I did not get offered this position but want to warn others this is NOT an event planning firm BUT RATHER a door-door business sales job. DO NOT APPLY unless you want to work in sales.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions, such as: What is your previous work experience? Where do you see yourself ultimately/in 5 years?   1 Answer

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QCB (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Entry Level Marketing Associate position with QCB Inc. online in San Antonio, TX. On the posting it stated that starting pay is $50,000 with paid training to work with Smart Home Automation. When I got to my 1st interview they explained about the Smart Home Automation with Vivint and how they partner with Best Buy. Since I made it to the 2nd interview, they stated that pay would be discussed then. When the 2nd interview happened, I found out that this company is called Freedom Events and Solutions. It is a marketing firm that works with the non profit D.A.R.E and this position has no salary or hourly pay at all and it is commission based on how many donations you get for D.A.R.E. I asked what happened to the smart homes part of the company but they stated that only higher up "partners" do that and everyone is hired to promote D.A.R.E. They mentioned to me that many applicants go and many don't make it far, but now it makes sense. I felt it was important to advise that they are posting jobs with false advertising and with invalid info to get people interested. I felt I was completely mislead and this has caused a distrust with QCB Inc, Freedom Events and Solutions, and D.A.R.E.
     I noticed that post many similar postings online, so do your research before you waste your time.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QCB.

Interview

They called me for the first interview pretty quick. I went in and knew that it was a pyramid scheme. They asked me some basic questions and called me in for the second interview. They showed us exactly what they did which was going door to door and selling makeup. Then they put you in a "leadership program" so you can become a manager and have a team of employees that go out and sell the same bags of makeup. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Interview Questions

QCB Response

Sep 13, 2018 – President

QCB Events partners with the cosmetic industry and we have never asked any of our employees to purchase items and then resell them. That is the true essences of a pyramid scheme. Additionally, our... More

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QCB (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a response the next day. It was a brief and looking back it was pointless, but after months of searching for a job to no avail I was happy to get something. The First round of in person interviews was a one on one with the owner of QCB. She was outgoing and personable, and the interview was a breeze. The Second round was conducted by two others in the company, one a "Team Leader" and the other a "Leader" on their team. It was more of them gauging compatibility with my personality and them pitching the company to me. During this interview I was taken out and got to watch them actually perform their day to day. It's selling cosmetics business to business (Which is to say going from one business on a road to the next one, to the next one, and so on selling to the employees for personal use. Not to be confused with actual business to business sales where one sells a product or service to a business for said business' use.) I was hesitant, but I wanted to try sales and needed an income. After the Second round interview, we returned to the office and filled out a little sheet meant to get an idea of what I thought of the company after the interview. Once completed I was brought back for a brief 5 minute talk with the owner and told I would get a call if they decided to hire me. That night I got the call, accepted the job, and well... Lets just say its best to use this interview to get experience with interviews and not to get a job.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

I just moved down here to Charlotte. I was excited to land my first interview so quickly. The website was nice but was too vague...no concrete information abt their clients or their previous work. That was the first red flag

Second red flag was the crowded room filled with a lot of ppl. This is a door to door sales job, they mask it as Marketing Coordinator

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QCB (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Claims to be a B2B company but is actually just a door to door sales job. Really nice people who worked there but did not feel like a very legitimate business model. Does provide a base salary which is nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QCB in October 2018.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me really took her time to get to know me as an individual. When I walked in music was playing and the office had a very upbeat atmosphere. I can really see myself working here!

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

Interview

It was a bit unprofessional. The waiting room was crowded and there was rock music playing from the secretary's laptop. Personally, I thought the dress of a few employees was unprofessional as well. On the flip side, the employees were all very friendly.