RealtyMogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RealtyMogul Interview Questions

Interviews at RealtyMogul

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial screening was standard. Then had to do a written assessment. After passing a written assessment, had to go through another round of interviews and eventually interviewing with the CEO. This part of the interview she made you go through role play scenarios which you were never given heads up to prepare and was supposed to come up with the material on the fly as she stares at you awkwardly. Then went through another round of interviews again with the CEO and hiring team, this time asking to prepare for the role play, but AGAIN goes off tangent and asks you to perform another random scenario that you weren't asked to prepare for.

They stressed high expectations to give the "world class" hiring experience for candidates, yet there was nothing "world class" about it. Instead it was demoralizing and in at some points of the conversation with the CEO, arrogance was written everywhere.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RealtyMogul in July 2020.

Interview

Two formal phone calls then a case study and two more follow on phone calls. Issue I have is I did 4 phone interviews and a case study have the respect to give a candidate a phone call or an email to let them know. This is unacceptable due to the amount of time I spent doing this process. Highly unprofessional regardless of the excuse. Clearly they are just sending their work for potential candidates to do so they do not have to pay them.

Vice President, Origination Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The first round interview is over the phone, and consists of multiple open-ended questions regarding your professional background and personality fit for the team, in conversation form. The next step of the interview process is a take home questionnaire and excel.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an in-house recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. Seemed to be a good match based on background and qualifications. Had a phone screen by their HR rep, and discussed my profile and suitability for the position. In-house recruiter was very helpful, although there was a lot of phone-tag back and forth just to nail down the in-person interview in their offices. In person meeting was great, although the position upon meeting members of the team personally was not what I thought it was going to be. I was asked to fill out information after the first interview prior to being called in for the second interview their CEO, but I declined to do so based on the position not being what I was hoping for. I was seeking more real estate and less compliance work. The position ultimately turned out to be mostly compliance, and very little core commercial real estate legal work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my general and specific background. The company seemed great, although what I was coming out of was 80% real estate and 20% corporate work, and the position they were offering was 95% corporate work with maybe only 5% real estate elements at most. The bulk of their true "real estate" legal work was handled by JV entities, and not by the RealtyMogul offices themselves. Seems like a great shop, but not the position I was looking for.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant. They are opening up new place in the Salt Lake area. Everyone I spoke with was professional, sharp and quick to respond. It's a neat opportunity and space. The company and people are all great to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Previous finance experience in calling clients and presenting solutions.   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

Be ready to fill out a very comprehensive application - I remember being asked what my high school GPA was.

Final round was onsite, 2.5 hours with some key stakeholders - engineering, marketing, finance. Seemed like decent folks. Most of the questions revolved around "tell me about yourself", no particularly challenging behavioral questions or technical questions. The attention to things like high school GPA (4.60) and Wonderlic scores (96th percentile, see below) was a little strange. They didn't seem to help my candidacy much, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Q: Take the Wonderlic test, here on the spot. You have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions (about 15 seconds per question).   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. The interview process consists of application/phone interview/in person interview + skills assessment. The on-site interview is a few hours long as you are interviewed by various people of the firm in addition to the hiring manager.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RealtyMogul.

Interview

Multi-step phone interview and review of work samples. We started with an overview of my background and then progressed to a very in-depth discussion of skill sets and abilities. Questions were technical in nature (of course) and I felt that I was having a peer to peer discussion - which is often not the case when you talk to recruiters and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• They took me through various development and deployment scenarios and then let me discuss how I would solve them. Some of them were real down to earth examples. Loved that it was not jargon-laden Q & A. Most difficult question was being asked to describe how I had screwed something up and what I did to fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable.

Contract Specialty Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RealtyMogul (Norco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews the process moved very quickly. I was contacted by a recruiter and she set up the phone interview(s). Regular full time candidates have a more in depth interview process. They usually meet with at least 4 or more interviewers,