Red Door Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Door Interactive

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Door Interactive (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. After a nice conversation with the company's recruiter, I was reached out again and was told that the hiring manager loved my answer and would like me to do an design exercise. I felt like it was pretty reasonable and easy, and I was told that I passed that stage as well. A video interview was scheduled after.
    The call was very choppy and the quality of the connection didn't allow for a good chat. Also, I was caught of guard when the guy asked me to pull out more samples of work. Considering the poor connection, I had trouble presenting my work, since the call was cut off many times. In addition, I wasn't told to prepare files to share. Moreover, the guy who interviewed me was incredibly concerned about how the wireframes looked. He didn't seem to care much about what they represented. He was sort of focused on the fact that they were sketched rather than glossy. I found this to be very strange, when the whole idea of wireframes is to be straight to the point and not about how pretty they look.... Anyways, I wasn't really into it to begin with, since I read a bunch of bad reviews here and didn't perceive the the hiring manager as someone who knows what he is talking about. Thanks but no thanks.

Paid Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Door Interactive in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. Recruiter asked about my background and experience. But.But I did not get any call back or feedback after sending two or three emails.
    Recruiter was nice and we talked about 30 minuets and I was feeling well while talking to her.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous supervisors and how they describe me?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Door Interactive (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

5 major thing to do/keep in mind when interviewing with this tight-knit agency:

1) Be careful who you interview with here –– Some of their recruiters DO NOT communicate well, forget you, lead you on, and don't follow up. Unfortunately I had a bad recruiter and HR process here. The total process lasted over 10 weeks, only to find out during week 11 (yup, 11 weeks later) that there were 2 candidates being interviewed the entire time and the other guy was chosen. They had forgotten I applied, called, told that I was "good but didn't fit what they were looking for" and "of course would consider me for other roles." If you apply and receive a call, ask for the recruiter's name and do a quick web search on that recruiter to see if she's gotten any bad press.
    2) Follow up as much as you can, DO NOT wait past a week if you don't hear anything back. –– During the first 5 weeks, the recruiter I was working with was very unprofessional, flaking out on the first 4 (yes 4) phone interviews we had scheduled. Finally, when she called and caught me off guard and I decided to take her call and do an impromptu interview. She was overly nice, flighty, dismissive, and aloof. I wish I had a different recruiter because I might have had a very different process and hiring success. I might even be employed there, if it weren't for that recruiter.
    3) Do your research/homework on their clients, who they work with, what kind of communication styles they use and campaigns they're running BEFORE you interview. They will ask you random questions during the interview to see if you know who they are. (Just a heads up, they have a bit of a snobby air about them (they are good at what they do so I guess I can't blame them), but it would behoove you to research ahead and make sure you have a pulse on their business).
    4) Make friends with someone who works there –– this helped me tremendously during the whole process and I would't have the insight, savviness or gusto I have now without this guy. He was a wonderful asset to work with and I only wish I could have called him a coworker. Do this and it will get your apple. moved to the top of the stack and keep you in the know during the entire hiring process.
    5) Look out for emails from various people within their recruiting/HR team. It seems like they're a little disorganized and don't communicate well amongst each other –– you often get repeat questions, emails and have to start over on basic points of interest.

Interview Questions

• What are the top campaigns you've worked on during your brand experiences and what were the results?   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Door Interactive in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and received email within 3-4 days to arrange a phone interview. Interviewer was not a company staff but from employment agency. Phone interview took about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but it seemed interviewer wanted to find out if you're telling the truth by asking different ways at different times of basically the same question.   1 Answer

Junior Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Door Interactive (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Took two months to get a call back. Interviewed with Creative Director. Was called back to do a second interview with Art Directors. Did not receive an offer, but was seriously considered for the position. Great opportunity to see the space and meet the team.