Redbeacon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Redbeacon Interview Questions

2.6

Mobile Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview

Applied from Job Fair, and got one technical phone screen with alumni the next day, got another technical phone screen with team lead in the next week. This company makes me feel excited and they are energetic, fast paced and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Collaborative Programming, question in both round was something related to Hash.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview

I submitted my resume in college job fair. Then second day I took an on-campus interview. It took 30 minutes. 2 recruiters, one is front end engineer, the other is Android engineer. They asked me some questions about my projects, and what position I prefer. Not too many technique questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about the projects on my resume.
      Only one question, what is RESTful
      Answer Question

Software Engineer, Mobile Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Redbeacon in February 2015.

Interview

Two online coding interviews. Brief introduction about company and the position. The questions are typical but with requirement of deep understanding of memory usage, multi-threads. Some basic algorithm, data structures related questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to check if the input string is plalindrome?   Answer Question

User Experience Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview

I initially applied for the UX Coordinator role in early December and received an e-mail back from the team saying thanks for applying, but they were looking for someone with a little more experience in the Technical Recruiter role.

Since I did not* apply for the Technical Recruiter role (I double checked), I applied again just to be sure it wasn't a mistake. Several days later, I received an e-mail again from the same coordinator thanking for me taking the time to speak with the Hiring Manager. Confused (again), I responded clarifying that I did not speak to anyone yet - but would be happy to do so. She then scheduled me to speak with a recruiter the following week.

My call with the recruiter lasted no more than 15 minutes, where she spent the first couple minutes telling me that I wasn't experienced enough for the Technical Recruiter role but the team would love to consider me for the UX Coordinator role. I was frustrated that I had to clarify this several times that I was not interested in the Technical Recruiter position, nor did I apply for the position. For the remainder of my conversation with her, she didn't ask me any questions about my interests or experiences - just very high level questions about how I found out about the role and compensation questions. When I asked her to go into the role in more detail, she literally read me the job description which wasn't helpful at all.

Two weeks later, I was finally scheduled a Skype interview with a UX researcher on the team. I really enjoyed my conversation with him, as he was able to clarify more expectations about the role. He asked me really insightful questions around problem solving, study design, etc. He dug deep into my knowledge around data hygiene, processes, etc.

The next stage in the process was to create a 10 minute powerpoint presentation about myself, and to describe a time when I had to plan something. After that was submitted, I had a 1-1.5 week long e-mail exchange about scheduling another call with the recruiter until she realized I already spoke to her.

I was finally scheduled a final around interview to meet with 4 members of the team, 1 product manager, and 1 with the CEO. I really enjoyed meeting with the team and the product manager. They were very bright, and asked very interesting questions. I had really challenging/intellectually stimulating conversations, and was very interested in the problems they were trying to solve. My conversation with the CEO was strange - he cut me off several times when I was asking questions about his vision for the company. He started giving responses about topics before I finished my question OR completely misunderstand my question. He was also eating chili with his feet up on the desk - hence was very difficult to take him seriously.

Started off the interview process frustrated how inconsistent it was, spent my time in the office feeling really excited about the team, then left feeling very turned off by the CEO.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach out to expand on recruiting participants for our study - with examples of targeted audiences.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter.
    Then had 2 phone interviews and ~4 hour onsite interview (3 interviews by 1 hour, each time new pair of people) that ended with conversation with CTO (as far as I remember).
    In general I've enjoyed interview, even if questions seemed a little bit easy, as for me. HR told that they prefer to finish interview if they see that candidate won't fit company/team by knowledge or soft skills.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone interview technical questions were all about javascript. After letter about interview process I've expected that it will be more algorithmical interview, than js. Anyway, I went to interview as fullstack engineer, so it wasn't big problem.   Answer Question

Recruiting Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbeacon in June 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, mock interview

Rarely would publicize however this company is insulting. X promised a second interview where I would mock screen one of their employees. I asked for resume, Skype confirmation, job description, background info and was ignored. Apparently winging interviews is the norm. Entering an interview without a resume, job description, understanding of the company will provide second rate results.

Admin supposedly scheduled the interview but failed to inform me or the company employee unless the employee blew off the Skype call. I found out when I circled back to see what was happening.

Later received an email from X stating I was no longer viable, based on the Admin's opinion, because they didn't like that I requested X contact me directly to discuss improving the mock interview.

X didn't contact me to investigate or take responsibility for her team. X decided based on the coordinator's information. I wasn't judgmental, didn't know anything had been scheduled, and truly wanted to make the mock interview the best it could be. As a recruiting manager I'd be concerned about any recruiter or HM entering into an interview without preparing unless its special circumstances.

I'm professionally tired of incompetent people holding jobs when so many who are capable can't find work. This cost me one of the few opportunities I had for a high level job.

A Senior Manager apologized when I left a VM asking to speak to the CEO; however it corrects nothing for me.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview

phone interview

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Redbeacon in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online via posting on a job board. Got an email 7 days later from the HR recruiter saying she wanted to hear about my goals and Redbeacon. The call lasted about 30 minutes, during which the recruiter asked questions like:
    -Give an example of a product you worked on where you would’ve done something differently.
    -How often did you iterate at your previous job?
    -What is your ideal team?
    -Why did you leave your last position and why have you not found a new job yet?

The recruiter didn't get back to me for 2 weeks. She apologized for the delay saying the company was reevaluating their needs and requirements. She set up a new phone call was with a product manager at the company. The phone call lasted around 30-45 minutes and he asked:
    -Give an example of something you were proud to work on/be a part of.
    -How did you find out about RedBeacon and why are you attracted to the company?
    -Other questions asking about PM experience and how I managed past work.

After this, I was contacted by the recruiter again who said "the team and they felt confident in your ability to get things done and move a project forward, but at this time we are looking for a big idea person who has experience in creating solutions and bringing them to market." There was no mention of "big ideas" or emphasis on new solutions and how to launch them in either of my phone calls, so no surprise I wasn't considered for the position since I didn't emphasize that part of my experience.

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an phone interview promptly. But I didn't do well through the interview. I was asked some basic questions such as why the web page load too slow, how to solve it.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redbeacon (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

HR phone interview : asked me about my interests,hobbies,recent life lesson, most challenging task in my previous job, description and my role in my previous projects/jobs. Long term goal

Interview Questions

• The HR person asked me 7 technical questions when it was actually an HR interview.   Answer Question