Republic Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Republic Steel

3.6

Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic Steel (Canton, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted 2.5 hours with three sessions. The first hour was technical, asking me about my technical background. Th second hour was both technical and a discussion of the culture
    The last half hour was with the director, more cultural in nature.

Interview Questions

• Asked whether I have worked with various technologies such as XenApp, SCCM, Hyper-V.

How do I handle the stress of multiple demands on time.   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Steel.

Interview

Funniest interview I have ever had! You go through a large amount of extremely absurd questions. Not sure what to think, but it is entertaining. Then you go through a tour and see the real problems of a very old plant with a massive amount of maintenance issues.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when breakers fail to protect on your high voltage inputs (to the plant)?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when maintenance presses a bearing in backwards.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Republic Steel (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very difficult and undefined procees - a rolling target. Scheduled phone interviews and staff would not show up and had to reschedule. Process took way to long - they could not clearly define who they were looking for. Went from being a great candidate to no interest with no constructive reasons why.After 5 phone interviews would not shedule a face to face. I was told this was the second step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experiences and questions were answered. Then you get feedback they wanted more detail but never asked for more.   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Steel (Gary, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

I was informed on the company itself. What type of work that they do. How to perform your duties. What type of machines used for each job. The time and schedule you will be working on each shift. The different safety rules and procedures. The proper PPE to wear.

Interview Questions

• Did i have any crane operating experience.   1 Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Republic Steel in May 2008.

Interview

I set up my interview over the phone. I had two interviews on different dates. The first interview was with human resources and was very general, no difficult questions. The second interview was with one of the engineering managers who gave me a tour of the facility. After the tour we discussed the particulars of the position in his office. Again there were no difficult questions. I would recommend asking questions about the manufacturing processes and relate aspects of the position to your past work experiences.

Negotiation

N/A