Restaurant Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (College Point, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Forty Minutes with Executive Buyer. Questions on the restaurant industry, climate, why they prefer the brick and motor business are the biggest buyers. Mentioning of competition and who those companies were.

Interview Questions

• What would determine constant pick up of restaurant food supplies?   3 Answers
    • Q: What is the biggest holiday for restaurants?   2 Answers

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online, they called me back about two days after, scheduled an interview, interview was smooth and quick, hiring manager gave me all the information needed and lined out everything that would have to be done with the position.

Interview Questions

• What days out of the week are you available to work   2 Answers
    • Are you good at interacting with the public ?   1 Answer
    • Can you work on weekends ?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Avon, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (Avon, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

They were just opening and needed people. The interview was nice and I was hired on the spot.I took a drug test right there and started right away, the very next day.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on line got a call a month later to come in for an interview was interviewed by regional manager and then got a call back to interview with store manager was told if regional manager liked me then he would hire me not one questions from him.

Interview Questions

• Asked me Why I wanted to work for them my previous employment how long i worked at previous employment   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief and very factual based on if i can lift freight, what time i was available, and being told how great the opportunity was for advancement and how good the union is that i would be in. Most of the information given to me seemed more like them wanting to recruit me instead of deciding if i was a good candidate to work there.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my customer service skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was smooth and pleasant. General questions where asked. Reviewed my resume and past experiences and how they would benefit this company. Went over the basic benefits, hours and packages offered and if they would meet or exceed both of our needs. All in all it was a decent interview. Salary was a bit low. If it were better I would have moved forward.

Interview Questions

• Employment relevant questions.   1 Answer

Low salary

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

2 levels of interviews, first with a Branch Manager then with the Regional Manager. Drug test, background check, IQ test. Questions on previous employment. Very casual, informal. Felt very comfortable. The company is growing very fast and they are in need of skilled managers. Hourly employees can be trained quickly.

Interview Questions

• Would I consider starting at a department manager level, one below assistant manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what I was looking for in compensation. Their offer was actually more than I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The original interviews were great. The Cal/AZ regional manager is awesome.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a god fit for RD?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was give a "take it or leave it" proposal. "This is what we pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter. Met with DM. Hired on the spot. Interview was fairly easy. Simple questions. Came to NJ to interview. Interviewer didnt seem to be very good. I carried the interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple Questions. Strengths weaknesses.
      Past experiences.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant Depot (Detroit, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

easy, 1 on 1, basic questions, I found it to be relaxed and was very comfortable with setting. Meet at a hotel and had the interview, got a call a few days later with an offer and started.