RhythmOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RhythmOne

2.6

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process began with initial contact with the corporate recruiter via phone. He felt out my experience and compensation goals and made sure things lined up. From there I went on to talk on the phone with the Lead Developer I would be reporting to. After success with both of those conversations, I was asked to come in for an in person interview, which consisted of some tech skill testing and white-boarding. I was then contacted a few days later in order to setup a Skype video chat with the CTO. This consisted of both technical tests, concept discussions, a show case and presentation of my past work as well as a heart to heart about the direction the company was headed. I was then asked to talk to to other developers, one management level and another a peer, where I under went a good round of technical testing and programming questions that required code submissions.

The whole process was a bit longer than I expected. But part of this was because some of the people involved in the process were out of the country, or on vacation. Upon returning things picked right up and the process went on.

Interview Questions

• Consider the Facebook and Google+ websites and UI/UX. What do you like about each one? What don't you like? Which one do you like better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't get the exact number I was looking for. However, the I did get an offer that was within what I would call my negotiable range. If you're interviewing for a position with this company, expect your interviewers to be inquisitive and intelligent. They'll expect the same from you. Ask a lot of questions, and realize that if you're the right candidate it will pay off.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RhythmOne.

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled the phone screen twice and then did not call on the third scheduled time. I called and emailed the recruiter twice to reschedule with no response.

Account Representative Interview

Interview

Went through a lot of tests and interviews to be left with absolutely no communication. If the company operates like this, Im glad I didn't get any further. I can see not responding to every application that is submitted. But after taking the time to do multiple tests, and 4 interviews. I think a simple call or email saying I'm not moving on in the process isn't much to ask.

Interview Questions

RhythmOne Response

Oct 4, 2013 – Manager of Recruiting

I am sorry there was poor communication during your time interviewing with blinkx. In Bellevue, we have been working to streamline communication with vendors and recruiters, so this feedback is... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I went to a staffing firm and they recommended the job for me. I got an interview quickly, and beat out 3 others... but then they wanted to bring in more people to review against me. This delayed the process and seemed a little unfair, but ultimately I still was offered the job. Be sure to know what you're passionate about and be able to explain it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated hourly salary from $15/hour to $16

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The company I interviewed with was actually Blinkx (changing name). The interview process was reasonably straightforward. There was an initial phone screening, including solving a technical problem. Roughly a week after the first phone screening, I was given an exercise to work on to discuss in a second phone screening. Roughly a week after the second phone screening, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. On-site, I interviewed with four people, which included some basic technical questions.

However, once I received an offer it was drastically below market. I declined and never heard back with another offer. The acceptance letter also included signing away fairly significant rights (filing lawsuits against the company, all intellectual property). Requiring an employee to agree to arbitration seemed extremely odd.

Interview Questions

• Design a class hierarchy to count occurrences of names and calculate their frequency.   Answer Question

Head of Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne in September 2013.

Interview

No calls and then finally an email to ask for a few minutes of time. Call happens and recruiter is arrogant, has a know it all, you the candidate...i am calling you so be grateful. Spends very little time on phone, does not really know what questions to ask

Interview Questions

• None since the recruiter had no clue how to interview a seasoned and experienced hr leader   Answer Question

Oct 4, 2013 – Manager of Recruiting

I'm sorry you didn't have a good employment interview experience with blinkx, and welcome your feedback. In my role, I strive to understand candidates and whether they may be a good fit for the... More

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (Bellevue, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter didn't seem to be very organized or had given my interviewers a summary of my background and experience. I only had 30-60 mins with each person and I'd spend 10 minutes of the time explaining my background and experience because they couldn't be bothered to read my resume beforehand.

Only a couple of the interview questions were actually related to OO design and task engineering. Most of it was "explain the different between a linked list and an array" or "how do hash tables in php work", really guys? I'm getting better at memorizing the answers to those questions, so pretty soon maybe someone will take me seriously - at least there will be one of us.

The most interesting interview question/task was to build a class using only the information available in a test. It just so happened that I crushed that task, and when it was pointed out I missed a couple things I was quickly able to fix it.

They threw a lot of SQL at me, even though I told them before they made me spend 16 hours in an airplane that I've spent the past several years working for companies who had extremely talented DBAs and we'd offload most query authorship to them.

Interview Questions

• Determine if an integer overflow would occur in PHP by determining the length of an exponential calculation result without executing the calculation.   1 Answer

Nov 5, 2015 – Director, Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and providing the level of detail that you did. Our interview process and questions are carefully constructed in order to find individuals that meet... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RhythmOne (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Actually applied for project management internship but they wanted to switch the title to sales intern. The HR called to schedule an onsite interview and was no phone interview. The length was about 30min with 2 managers from the sale department. They took turns asking mostly behavioral questions and asks about your projects and experiences from your resume. Heard back with an email within a week. Started the following week.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (Bellevue, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

After initial introductory interview with HR I was given a homework assignment that I had to complete in a couple of days. Following the assignment I had a technical phone screen with the team lead and was invited on-site for a series of in-person interviews. Overall, I had a positive and enjoyable experience. People seemed to be pretty laid back and professionally competent.

Interview Questions

• 1. Removing a node from a stack.
      2. Encode a string of characters (such as "aaaabbbcc" -> "4a3b2c").
      3. Tree traversal questions.
      4. Design an auto-complete feature in a search bar and test it.
      5. Software testing questions.
      6. Series of behavioral questions about past work experience.
      7. Other typical software engineering questions.   Answer Question

I had a better offer with another company.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RhythmOne (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Started with a phone screening from a recruiter, phone interview from manager, then a marathon of 5, 30 minute interviews in a row. Overall it was a frustrating experience as they were not good at keeping appointments, or at letting you know where you were in the process. Seemed disorganized. The 5, 30 minute interviews back to back were somewhat ridiculous as I spend the first fifteen minutes of each repeating my background, etc. By the 4th one i couldn't remember what parts i had told her already. If they had planned ahead maybe they could've interviewed me in groups, would have gotten a better overview of my skills from multiple angles and it wouldn't have wasted so much time. Also when it was all finished i was told I'd hear back early the next week. Nothing. I emailed and got a response from the recruiter a week later (contract info is scarce) said that they wanted to hire me but they had to work out some legal details, made it sound super positive. Said I'd receive something the following week. This was followed by several weeks of radio silence. Being that i invested several hours (5) of my time in this process, i would hope they'd have the courtesy to tell me that i didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background (answered this one question seven times)?   1 Answer