Richmond Times-Dispatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Richmond Times-Dispatch

Business Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond Times-Dispatch (Lexington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume, a cover letter and a contact from a previous job for a recommendation. The business editor travelled to me to conduct the interview and he was very professional and nice. The interview felt important but not overly nerve wracking. I wish I could have accepted the offer and I hope to work at Richmond TD at some point in the future.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond Times-Dispatch (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I'm torn about my experience with RTD. On one hand, I was pleasantly surprised by how organic my in-person interview was. Instead of run-of-the-mill questions, I felt like my interview was more of a conversation and a discussion about my position. The staff was very friendly and accepting of my thoughts and suggestions.

However, the first half of the interviewing process was irritating. For my first interview, I received a call about 2 hours later than the time they had originally scheduled for me. They weren't very clear about the hiring process and timeline at all, even when I asked. I understand that as a prospect, I am on their time and not vice-versa, but a little direction would have been nice.

In the end, I was not offered the position, but received a very warm, encouraging call from the interviewer herself instead of a stranger from HR. I wish the RTD much success in the future.

Interview Questions

• No questions are unexpected if you prepare for the interview. That means REALLY knowing the newspaper, or, at the very least, try to get antiquated with it a few days before you go in. They will more than likely have you talk to both of the Editors in Chief, and they won't be impressed with someone who has never read the paper.   Answer Question

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond Times-Dispatch (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

In-person with 3 ppl. Problem is no courtesy for follow-up given by HR. I emailed 3 times with response of still going through process. This needs to change for candidates who are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage a partner for an event?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond Times-Dispatch (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with a panel (including the current employee in the position) to discuss the role and how I could potentially fit within the company. They mainly were interested in going through my resume and how it applied to the job.