SAS Scandinavian Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

Research Statistician Developer Interview

Interview

got a phone interview -- the lady on the phone basically just asked me about why i was interested in the company, and a rough self intro.

Interview Questions

• how did you hear of our company?   1 Answer

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview by product manager

Interview Questions

• Asked about solutions if you found your system model had a big error   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I got an email from two Data Scientists to schedule a phone interview. They called on time and the interview lasts about one hour. They asked me about my PhD thesis, some questions from Data Mining (for example designing a neural network for multi-class classification) and basic probability questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how to solve fraud detection problem in credit card detection. They put several constraints to make the problem difficult   Answer Question

Consultant SAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

1. Two Telephonic interview- overview of experience and knowledge. 2. HR interview- general HR questions ( why consultant, what u learnt from last job etc...) 3. Panel Interview- Statistics, datawarehousing, database, object oriented questions. Make sure to prepare in detail about the projects and skills mentioned on resume.
    some questions:
    Front end designing experience
    Why not to isolate all independent variable and see if it is significant
    difference between transactional database and rational database
    SAS- Proc template, Proc report, Validation technique, ODS, Logistics Regression etc..
    Start schema, Joints..etc

Interview Questions

• There will be presentation on a topic which they will tell in few days advance. You have to present for 15 minutes to impress them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated in relocation expenses but they just provided airfare.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2016.

Interview

First step was a math test, english test and a personality test. Then a group interview where we got a lot of information and we solved a few cases as a group. Then individual interview. Then we had to do an online training and see the doctor for some health-tests before we got accepted to the 3 weeks unpaid training.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a bit about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service means to you?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a conflict that you've experienced at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in May 2013.

Interview

• Initial phone call about my resume and motivation for applying. Then scheduled interview
    • Interview consisted of a 30min talk with two employees from SAS about background - very easy going and comfortable.
    • Be prepared to get a few "tricky questions" ie. one of them pretending to be a difficult passenger and how you would handle it.
    • Also did a test of English skills

Interview Questions

• You see a traveler looking nervous, but not necessarily threatening. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Web Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people following a call back from by cover letter and CV submission. This was the 1st interview. If I make it through there may be as many as two more interviews.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in April 2011.

Interview

very nice people and very nice working enviroment .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

accept the offer straight away without negotiation.

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Since I was on contract there at the time I was able to see who the hiring manager was for the position. So I reached out to that individual to let them know that I had applied and that I was very interested in the position. The hiring manager called me following day and we discussed the opportunity and my fit for the position. I interviewed a couple weeks later. The interview lasted roughly 4 hours and consisted of interviewing with four different executives one at a time. I was one of three people interviewing for the position and everything went very well throughout. I received very positive feedback from each executive during the interviews. Upon completion of the interviews the hiring manager told me that I would hear something withing no more than 3 days.

Ultimately I didn't hear anything from them for a month (despite reaching out to them several times), but did discover (through linkedin) 2 weeks after the interview that they had filled the position with another internal candidate. I then reached out to the hiring manager several more times to get feedback as to why I was not chosen and if there was anything I could have done better. I always like to get feedback to help improve for future opportunities. I never heard a word from them again...no feedback...nothing.

It was disappointing to not get the job, but even more disappointing and extremely frustrating to get zero response and/or feedback. That is very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you are overqualified for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAS Scandinavian Airlines (East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview was a two stage process. First an hour long personality assessment with a development head then a week or two later a three hour technical interview which consisted of being asked to write a program by myself for two hours then discuss it in front of a three man panel followed by some simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The extent of the program I was asked to write, in this case an XML parser with GUI display and editing functionality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made, I accepted.