SCHOTT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview and well organized. Met with several individuals, got a complete tour of the production floor, met key players who I would interact with, and then had the opportunity to present to a group to showcase my presentation skills. Was able to gauge a good understanding of the company, the key contacts and the job duties.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfort level for presenting to groups of varying sizes and personnel levels?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Lebanon, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a very long phone screening that went very well. That was followed by a face to face interview that lasted over 2 hours and I met with about 6 different people. The interview couldn't have gone better. The feedback that I received and that the recruiter received was extremely positive and we were both sure I would be offered the position. They came back and said that they didn't think I knew what I wanted to do which is odd because they specifically asked me this in the interview and I answered them very specifically.

This position and two other engineering roles remained open for the next 8 months without being filled. Obviously they have no idea what they are looking for or they are just too selective if no one in 8 months could fill these roles. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• What type of job do you want / what do you like to do?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duryea, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Duryea, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Was very brief but I was a hourly employee. I moved into their very depressed local job market with a high tech resume so they grabbed me fairly fast. Of course they said they would call me in a week. Then they called me a few weeks later and asked me to take the physical and drug test and start the next day. Also the HR department was run by an idiot then, who they got rid of. It may be better now.

Interview Questions

• Not much except a basic skills test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set in stone union contract wages.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Valhalla, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

very professional. they new what they were looking for. they were very punctual with the time if the interview and proceeded on a timely basis. I met with the manager and the employee I was covering for. Both were very informative and made the process very easy

Interview Questions

• what computer skills do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wish they had a permanent opportunity. It seemed like a great company to work for.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT in March 2007.

Interview

Very "by the book" interview, with questions that were right out of books you will find in every bookstore. Plant tour was interesting, but it was very strange when two of the people from the employer's side in a group interview got into an argument over the meaning of one of the textbook questions.

Interview Questions

Salary, given the location.

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with the HR and 2 higher ranking engineers during the first round of interviews. They explained the role clearly and emphasize how important it was to get the right candidate for this job as the commitment was very high. After the 18 months training, you will be part of their sales team with the capacity of an engineer. They believe that by truly knowing their product, you can sell it to their clients much better. During the training period, you will get to go to Germany for a few months and maybe a month or two at either Japan or China where their other productions are at. Was also asked to do a presentation either about your previous job or your fyp.

Total of 3 rounds with the final one being an Assessment Centre in Germany.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can commit to the training and a bond after that?   Answer Question

(Finance) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

They usually ask you about the modules you take and some finance/accounting. Then they will provide a laptop for you to show some of your excel and ppt skills. very basic but you still need to brush on them (Pivot table, vlookup etc)

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT.

Interview

Initial interview by the Managing Director of the local office, then another interview with a Manager from HQ (Germany). Both were very professional, the 2nd one was a bit more "formal" and featured a lot of typical HR questions.

Interview Questions

• No question was particularly difficult, mostly typical HR questions (difficult situation you handled, weaknesses / strengths etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation, the offer was good enough for me at that time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz (Germany)) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied via email after meeting an employee at university, some weeks later phone interview with HR, two weeks later personal interview with HR and later that day with two managers for the two projects I was assigned, got to meet a future colleague later who worked at the same site abroad before and gave me loads of useful insights (very helpful!)

Interview Questions

• Mostly the usual questions regarding the CV, intercultural experiences, difficult situations and how I solved them, some questions regarding my area of study, some simple case   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me a good salary, I accepted

Instrument and Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SCHOTT (Vadodara (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

interview conduct through consultant

Negotiation

nothing