SEEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEEK Interview Questions

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK.

Interview

First I had a Skype interview with an HR representative. This was informal and most of the questions were getting to know you' questions. The second interview was also on Skype with the Director. This consisted of more questions about past experience and desired salary. Both interviewers were relaxed and it was very conversational.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I was applying for a contract role that had remained unfilled for a number of months. I was contacted by agency about the opportunity. Following an initial phone screen, I completed a first round interview with the HR Manager. This was then followed by 2nd stage interview with the HR Director and Senior Software Development Manager. These interviews focused on a combination of my technical experience as well as cultural compatibility.

Graduate Trainee Program/Hong Kong Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Aptitude test 45 mins
       3 parts: Numerical, Language, Logical.
       Sample test question could find on google with key words. More about company and business related practical situation like: turnover, gross benefit, exchange rate, discount, cost...

2. Group interview about 10 ppl.
         Random question for each candidate. And have 1 minute to express your idea about the question.

3. Q&A
         Ask question to recruiter with good sense.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEEK (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

I applied for the advertised role of P.A. to the G.M. of New Zealand on October 23rd, and was invited for a one-way video interview on October 31st, which I promptly completed.
    I was then invited for a face-to-face interview due to take place on November 11th.
    During this period, I lived and breathed Seek, and dedicated all of my free time preparing for this interview. I bought a new outfit, and arranged for the time off work.
    Sadly, 36 hours before I was due to be interviewed, the interview was cancelled as a successful candidate had already been chosen.
    Where I certainly do not expect to be offered all of the jobs I apply for, I would at least have appreciated the chance to have been interviewed, to put into practice the weeks of preparation I had effected.
    I feel that this would be fair and expected practice for a company so highly regarded in the realm of recruitment.
    A company should never underestimate how much time and energy prospective employees dedicate to the employment process.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Six interviews, three reference checks, and psychometric testing over a three week period. Met with line managers, employees at level, and senior members of HR.

Tips for HR

Clear and consistent feedback for candidates: numerous times throughout the process I received feedback which didn't match the reality of the next interview. As an example I was provided with a copy of the SEEK Values and asked to prepare examples against each value. However in the interview the questions did not touch on any of these values. I felt this misleading and a waste of my time in preparation.

Body language: given its reputation for cultural fit, I was perplexed when HR consistently would shake their head no, during the interview process. This was very off-putting, and didn't create an environment where I felt comfortable as a candidate.

Greater transparency: I was not the preferred candidate throughout this process, and while I instinctively felt that, HR continued to provide me with positive feedback and put me through to the next interview. This would have been ok had the process been only three interviews long, but it cut into several weekends and week nights - I felt my time really wasn't of great importance here.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current job?
      When have you worked on something and not received credit for it?
      1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

The interview process consists of many stages including members of the Product team, HR, etc assessing your technical and decision making skills along with how well you'll fit in the organisation. Cultural fit is VERY important to SEEK and I noted that I was probably asked more questions around my soft skills than my core skills as a product manager.

Interview Questions

• "Knowing what we've told you, how would you prioritise these 2 features and why?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Lengthy four round interview process including psychometric testing.

A lot of behavioural based questions were asked to determine cultural fit which is a priority at SEEK. Recommend bringing along examples of work if applicable to show evidence of skills and application.

Interview Questions

• You will most likely have to meet with peers. No need to prepare for this meeting, everyone at SEEK is very personable and welcoming.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Had one initial interview with HR, followed by two interviews with Customer Service (first one with two Customer Service Team Leaders, second one with Customer Service Manager and Customer Service Team Leader).

Interviewers were all very friendly and conversational. First-round interview was probably more probing and intense than the final one. Expect several questions about different aspects of customer service.

Each interview was scheduled very quickly - usually within a week - and this reflects well on their agile culture. Communication was also very consistent and transparent.

However, SEEK are also keen to see what you are like as an individual - culture fit is important too.

In the reception area, you notice lots of visitors coming and going and culture looks very friendly, social and fun.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited budget, what would you spend it on? Hint: what are your passions, personally or professionally?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview Process there is pretty simple the first interview was done by an Architect who works for seek. i was being interviewed for a position in seek learning, the interviewer was polite and nice during the interview,

Interview Questions

• i can tell that he was not experienced in interviewing people as his questions were pretty shallow and not organized. and i believe such confusion happened as their expectation was different from my experience as they seemed to be interested in a more technical role while my experience is more towards management.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEEK (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Multi-step process - two interviews via Skype (as I was not a Melbourne resident at the time) with senior engineers, team members and even HR. Two more interviews in-person (was flown to Melbourne by the company) with the Delivery / Development Managers, Business Development Managers and Ops Manager. They are definitely switched-on and even experienced professionals will be tested (15 years operations with 5yrs config management in my case)

They are also fairly keen on their psychometric testing (I felt the specific test wasn't culturally appropriate, very US-centric) and interpersonal relations, and pride themselves on their "non-corporate" relaxed business culture. The administrative staff and technical folks are laid back, friendly and helpful folks and they do have a fairly good working environment, albeit a little kitschy with slides and gumball machines, from what little I got to experience in the short time I was there.

SEEK conduct their own reference checks and will go outside the referees you provide if they feel the listed ones are not as senior as they require - without any prior consent or consultation with the candidate. This can pose problems if you have vexatious former managers/team leads willing to give negative references.

BE WARNED: SEEK HR *will* deny access to information requested by candidates and requests for confidentiality are flagrantly ignored. Very unprofessional and a black mark on an otherwise good experience.

Interview Questions

• Take a "traditional" vertical application stack containing a web / middleware / message queue application and re-architect it for improved scalability   1 Answer