SOCOM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at SOCOM

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SOCOM (Tampa, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone telecom with 3 parties on the line, each asking different questions. No follow-up questions, just asked the questions, received the answers, and then moved on to the next question. No overview of the job or explanation of life at USSOCOM. Very straight forward and simple in format and content.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not agree with your boss and how you handled it. How would you deal with a subordinate that suddenly began to perform poorly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Salary was dictated

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SOCOM (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic questions but you really need to know the hiring staff to get a better assessment of what they are looking for... which can be quite different than job description due to security classifications.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in building and presenting decision briefings to senior leadership?   1 Answer

Division Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SOCOM (Tampa, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview is done once your resume has been selected from a pool of job seekers. Potential questions are provided to you a day in advance for your review and to assist in formulating succinct answers. Interview is done in persone or via the phone by a panel of 3-4 people.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you had to handle a bad situation in the workplace, how did you handle it and why did you choose the path you took?   Answer Question

Division Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SOCOM (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Submit application online, fill out a questionairre, then I was offered an interview time. The interview started with another 7-question list for me answer in 25 minutes or less - plus sell myself to the panel of three managers. It was rushed, stilted, had very limited give and take (I basically talked for 24 minutes to address all 7 questions). Overall it was unprofessional and useless. It was quite clear a candidate had already been picked and the interviews were just a necessarily step to give credibility to the process (when there wasn't any).

Civil Engineer JSOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SOCOM (Fort Bragg, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Went to Ft Bragg and took a whole morning of tests for IQ, math etc.
    Then interviewed with psychologist
    Then had a formal board with 6 people in the engineering cell inside the JSOC compound

Interview Questions

• Will you go to jump school?   1 Answer
    • Will you take a lifestyle polygraph?   1 Answer

Didn't like the travel requirement and jump school requirement--nobody told me I had to go to jump school
    They expect you to beg for the job and be 110% committed to do anything to get in
    Just wasn't for me

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SOCOM in February 2012.

Interview

Questions emailed 30 minutes prior to interview. Questions were relatively straight forward.