SXSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SXSW Interview Questions

2.2

Marketing Operations & Data Insight Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a curated email with a few jobs listed for people who use the HubSpot platform in Austin. I messaged Ron to ask a clarifying question about the position. He asked if I was interested and said he could do a phone interview using my LinkedIn as a temporary resume. I conducted a 30-minute phone interview and they asked me to come in for a formal interview the day after next. I brought some examples of my work and a portfolio of my accomplishments for 2016 and they conducted a formal interview.

I was interviewed by Ron and Kori on the phone and in person. In the end, I had to decline the offer due to it coming in low.

Interview Questions

• They asked a slew of boiler plate interview questions like, "what's a challenging situation you had to overcome" and "name one of your weaknesses." There were some technical questions about proficiency in things like HTML, CSS, Surveys and HubSpot.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SXSW.

Interview

It started with e-mail correspondence regarding availability, then scheduled a phone interview. Received the internship offer the next week. Everything was pretty straightforward, as long as you have work experience and can astutely discuss transferrable skills to your post.

Interview Questions

• What was something you've struggled with on prior obligations, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had that would be pertinent to this position?   Answer Question

Film Press and Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, which gaged my interest in the internship and my abilities. The in person interview was easy-going and conversational. Once I was notified of being hired I had to fill out forms for SXSW. However, the HR person was out of town, unbeknownst to me, and I was confused by the delayed email. I was not given a concrete starting date and thus arrived two weeks early to begin my internship.

Interview Questions

• Which media outlets do you find your news from? How do you keep up-to-date with industry news?
      What relevant experience do you have, either from prior internships or school?
      Your interest in joining the SXSW film team?
      What are your available hours?
      Are you a morning person or a night person? As you will be working odd hours during the festival.
      Have you previously worked or volunteered with SXSW?
      How strong are your communication and writing skills?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

My interviewer was clear that the internship would not be paid. I would suggest negotiating for some kind of stipend to cover parking fees (as SXSW does not have free available parking for interns during the semester).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SXSW.

Interview

ask tons of questions, some are total curveballs, loved every part of it! three people from the department interviewed. took a little over 30 minutes. met at the office downtown

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very friendly and simple. The interviewer invited us to the sxsw offices and made us feel very comfortable. Before and after the process, the team made sure to keep us updated and respond promptly to emails with questions. There's nothing intimidating about this process, simply be yourself and make sure you're on time and ready to go.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can help Sxsw reach a younger demographic of entrepreneurs?   Answer Question

Sponsorship Coordination Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SXSW.

Interview

I submitted my resume at school career fair, and I got an email inviting me to interview.
    Within 3 days, we set up a phone interview. And the results came up about 3 days after.
    Overall an easy and lighthearted one. Mainly focus on my past working experience, especially coordination ability and leadership.

Assistant In the Film Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview, great experience. Director and associate were direct, warm and honest. Interview was for a temp position and was told right off it would not become a full-time position, ultimately didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Make a mock schedule of film lineup for a theater.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

You initially submit an application with your top 3 internship choices to the hiring manager, and he then sends it to our first choice department. If they want you, you come in for an interview and you either get the internship or you don't. If they don't want you, it goes on to the next department until you either get the internship or don't.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with interacting with artists if problems arose.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SXSW (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Very casual. It felt more like a conversation, than an interview. Though I think this can vary significantly by department. A vast majority of hires are entry level, so culture fit feels like what they are interviewing for most.

Interview Questions

• Interests, passions, time availability during the busy season   Answer Question