Save the Children International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.9

Field Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very upfront, applied online and heard back in two weeks from Human Resources. Standard interview questions. It was exactly what I expected from my experience when applying for Save the Children.

Developing Awareness Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Save the Children International (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview and hiring went awesome, I got hired the same day, first day of work was three days after for orientation. Interview went by smooth and quick she explained to me detail by detail in what's the requirements. And she told me some true facts of the position and why we should be out there to save the children.

Interview Questions

• If I like being out in the streets being outgoing & positive attitude   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children International (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

It was hard and took a Long time and a number of staff members, both from HR and the program staff. The questions were tough at some point as they tend to get more specific and required a lot of explanation about how to best complete certain tasks and assignments. It did turn friendly afterwards but not till after an hour or so.

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save the Children International (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Application process was an online form which included references, education and employment history and a personal statement that needed to match the job description.
    It was relatively simple applying online and then I received an application to interview the following week so was speedy.

Officer-IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save the Children International (Dhaka (Bangladesh)).

Interview

1 Get a call from HR
    2. Wait in the reception
    3. Takes you to a meeting room
    4. Ask basic questions to know you
    5. Ask technical questions
    6. You get opportunity to know about the company
    7. Salary, compensation, and benefits are discussed

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Save the Children International (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Phone-screen interview-maybe 15 mins
    2. Second round interview-3 people there, one was an HR person, other two head of something rather, programs? Interview was about 50 mins. They were nice enough.
    3. There would have been a third interview if I had got the job but I didn't!

They called me and gave me some feedback. Said I had a lot of experience in one part of the job, but looking for someone with more experience in the other part of the job (which I've also had a lot of experience in, but I'm sure they had to say something).

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Save the Children
      2. Background and Experience
      3. An idea you had and how it was implemented
      4. What motivates you/what doesn't
      5. How do you work under pressure
      4. There were also 4 competency questions   Answer Question

Nutrition Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children International (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application. A few days later, I received an email for a first interview. Before the interview, I received another email for a written test. After the first interview and before the written test, I received an email for a second interview. Overall the process was very smooth and surprisingly fast.

Advisor Knowledge Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save the Children International (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple.It consists two parts. Written test and interview. The interviewers starts the interview with a funny question. I was not expecting it so not sure what to respond.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Save the Children International.

Interview

Phone interview before competent-based writing test and panel interview on skills set & organization values and child safe guarding policy. Work experience is also assessed and preferred. Salary expectation is also discussed.

After interview, you need to wait for around 1 month before getting any feedback/results

If selected, 3 is the required number for Reference check. But the interview and hiring process is 2+ months

Interview Questions

• You have already seen the advertisement. Please let us know how your qualifications match with the requirements of the post.   Answer Question

Interview In London HQ - Very Mixed Feelings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Save the Children International (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and slow. I have completed 3 stages. People responsible for scheduling were not responsive and didn't keep in touch during the process. It felt a bit like organised chaos. Interview questions were relatively easy to answer. Good location in London but thats about it. Based on the interview process I wouldn't recommend this as a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• what issues do I think I would come across on regular basis while working at Save the children?   1 Answer