Seattle Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and received an email one week later to set up an interview. The interview was in front of a panel of four people. There was a sheet of paper with 10 questions, and you had 30 minutes to answer them. It overall felt relaxed and conversational. A few days later I got a notification that I made it through to the next round, where you had to write a response to a sample email that you might receive in the position. You had two or three days to write your response and submit it to them. I heard back from them approximately 3 weeks later that I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about your strengths and weaknesses, why you're interested in this job, etc.   Answer Question

Substitute Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

None. I applied through the very slick online system and got an email that I'd been hired with links to the voluminous onboarding paperwork. A bit more impersonal than I'm used to, but pretty efficient and convenient!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met with a small committee after being invited to interview with principal and building staff. Allowed to interview based on face to face interview with recruiter, and then online application process with district. Process was very fair, and hiring committees are trained to ask bias free questions. I interviewed at several schools and was able to accept offer based on the organization of the interview, attitude of the principal, quality of questions the committee asked..

Interview Questions

• What is your experience/ opinion of adverse intervention?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was called the day of the interview and told I could come in at no other time. Panel of employees related to the position. About eight questions and 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will you ensure diversity and racial equity remain at the forefront of your work?   Answer Question

Dining Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Renton, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was offered the position of dish and pot cleaner and dining room attendant. They explained the position to me, and that I would be working mainly in the kitchen with the food prep people and the cooks.

Administrative Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools.

Interview

short but concise interview about the requirements of the position and previous examples as listed on personal resume. not to challenging but could be better. wasn't feeling like I was getting to actually know the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was around forty minutes counting about 3-5 questions I asked. We attempted to interview using skype (since I was an out-of-state candidate), but their ACLs prevented it. So we switched over to a phone interview. They sent me a document with their 10-12 questions a few minutes before starting the interview (which was very helpful in following along). Overall the interview atmosphere was cordial.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were detailed and fairly relevant. No personal questions or typical "What is your best/worse trait".   Answer Question

School Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

BEWARE!! DO NOT apply for ESA certificate, pay for FBI fingerprints, or register for ESA classes until you have a job offer in writing from HR!!

In the interview I was asked a series of questions by a panel of school nurses. I was told in the interview to apply for the ESA certificate and to do the FBI fingerprint screening ASAP. I got a call the following week with a voice mail stating "welcome to the team!" When I returned the call to accept the offer, I was told again to do the FBI fingerprint screening and apply for the ESA certificate ASAP! I followed these instructions and began the process immediately. When I went to the HR office to do my FBI fingerprints, I asked "Is this a good sign? The fact that I was able to schedule this appointment?" The HR lady was like, "What do you mean?!" I explained that I had not received an offer letter but was told by the nurse manager to do my FBI fingerprints and apply for the ESA certification ASAP. The HR lady told me that "they" are not supposed to have you do any of that until after an official job offer is made. She explained to me that the fees involved (about $600 = $68 for ESA cert + $529 for ESA classes + $46.25 for fingerprints) is NON REFUNDABLE!

I assured her that I had received an offer via a voice mail left by the assistant nurse manager and I was confident that I was being offered a job... The following week I received an e-mail stating that I was not selected for the position. When I inquired with the nurse manager, WHY? They told me that my references and application material "did not check out." On the voice mail with job offer she stated that "my references were great!"

Interview Questions

• How my previous work experience would relate to school nursing.   1 Answer

Certified Specialty Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was very conversational, engaging, and comfortable. There were five people in the interview panel. The committee was very nice and made me feel welcomed. They gave me time to ask questions at the end and were very extensive in their answers. Overall, very engaging interview. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have related to school nursing?   Answer Question

Middle School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

A standard set of questions were provided just before the interview. The committee was made up of administration and teachers. Questions were asked and responded to with very little feedback from the interviewers. Final minutes allowed me the opportunity to ask my own questions and get answers about the school and their teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Do you recall a time where you witnessed injustice in the classroom? How did you respond to this situation and what are your beliefs in regard to student equity?   Answer Question