Second City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second City

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Second City (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied in person and interviewed that same day. Very smooth process. Just sat down with the student services rep and talked about the position for about 30 minutes and by the end of it, I was hired on as an intern.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Second City (Chicago, IL).

Interview

- I was referred by a friend who helped to arrange an interview
    - I then interviewed with service managers and the General Manager
    - There is then a possible second interview or trial shift
    - training with servers and learning practices and processes

Interview Questions

• - When are you available?
      - How does your experience apply?
      1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second City (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

After you have gone into the theater, walked up the stairs to talk to the person at the box office, received an application, and then applied; you might receive a call within a week and a half if they are hiring. You will return to the same place for your interview and head into the back offices kept locked behind a code locked door. The interview will take place in the hiring managers office.

Interview Questions

• Most likely if you're having the interview you will get the job as long as you're presentable and not obviously crazy. The main questions here are time availability, and food or serving experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Box Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second City (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for a box office manager position. I was asked about my experience. The most memorable question was what my favorite book was. After the interview I was hired as a part time box office customer service representative. A year in I was asked by manager to take on a manager shift from time to time. The next year I was promoted to a part-time assistant box office manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initially I was unable to negotiate, the terms were set on there end as a part-time hourly worker. As I've worked my way up I have been able to negotiate but have yet to earn full-time benefits and a salary.