Serious Fraud Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.4

Intelligence Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Serious Fraud Office (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy process. Clear questioning. Very friendly interviewers and very accommodating.

My experience was very straightforward, I was asked three questions and was expected to answer in detail. I had the opportunity to ask any/all questions I had about the job role and the interviewers themselves.

Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with change and how did you cope with that?   Answer Question

An Investigative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Serious Fraud Office (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Not been offered or rejected for next stage (interview) in fact nothing has happened at all since I apply. HR are terrible here, they should replace them with an external body specialising in recruitment as the turnaround time for a simple vacancy takes months. If you want an answer within a reasonable time, do not apply here. They will keep extending the soft process by two weeks saying thousands of people applied. I doubt it highly, they just need to work more efficiently and actually do some reviewing rather than twiddle thumbs all day for tax payers money. Really doesn't set a good example for future employees or the scrutinising tax payer who will wonder why the he guys even get paid at all. Non existent department who have no customer care valued at all. AVOID AT ALL COSTS UNLESS YOU HAVE A FEW MONTHS TO SPARE BEFORE EVEN HEARING A DATE OF NEXT STAGE.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions as per civil service, really easy if you know your stuff   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Serious Fraud Office.

Interview

3 Parts:
    1) Competency Interview. Based on competencies detailed on application form.
    2) Written assessment. Excel spreadsheet of an investment company is presented and a report needs to be written with relevant findings.
    3) Presentation of the above findings

Interview Questions

• The usual competency questions, "Give us an example when....."   Answer Question

Senior Investigative Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serious Fraud Office (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

A competency application, assessment based on case study - identification of lines of enquiry and issues arising. Interview immediately followed with questions about the assessment as well as additional questions.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Serious Fraud Office (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Sending a CV to HR and filing in an online application form. then I was invited to an interview within 10 days of being successful at the online stage. Asked 1:1 questions with a panel, where I see myself in 5 years, why the SFO, if I had any questions etc

Interview Questions

• Civil service competencies at AO/AA level. Very basic entry level questions. Managing quality service, delivering at pace etc.   Answer Question