Seton Hall University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.3

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, one with a group of fellow candidates and another with one to two professional staff members. In the group, you will participate in several activities which will accurately display your skills. In the one on one interview, you will be asked a set list of questions which you must answer fully.

Interview Questions

• If there were a widely unpopular housing policy put in place, how would you present it to your residents?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview went well friendly department in biology. Was asked to do a power point presentation on a selected topic. The department was under paid where the professors expressed this sentiment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not given a chance to negotiate a compromise with regards to salary.

Interview

Very amicable employer. I enjoyed the discussion and found the boss very personable. I saw an immediate fit with the organization. They did negotiate with me and I was able to obtain a salary that worked for me. They also responded pretty quickly and I was hired within a timely

Interview Questions

• The usual 'what was your greatest challenge at your last position.'   Answer Question

Negotiation

The range offered for an entry-level position was 65k - 70k.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

in person interview was very informational and easy going. I really enjoyed the entire process. I had a great conversation about what I wanted out of the position and what they were looking for in a Student worker.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were asked. Overall process was simple and easy.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seton Hall University.

Interview

I applied through the online process then received an email invite to an interview. There were two rounds of interviews, first round was with 5-6 current mentors plus the Dean of the department. I was invited to the last round which was teaching a class as I would teach it normally. Then more questions from the mentors

Interview Questions

• In what magazine would you like to be featured and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Student Technology Assistant (STA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview at Seton Hall University

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Given an offer and a starting date

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (Newark, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied to and met with a search committee of administrators and faculty. They asked me a couple of generic questions about my background, then asked me if I had any questions. I asked one and had a few more prepared but one man abruptly thanked me for coming and stood up, as did the other members of the search committee. I got the sense that they were just going through the motions, and already had a candidate in mind for the position, so I exited the room.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

There was one interview meeting with a manager in a very casual non stressful setting. Downside was that I had to follow up on my application without hearing back for a couple weeks to make sure they received it so that I did not miss out on an opportunity

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Orange, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ) in May 2008.

Interview

After application on the employee website, you will receive an email for an interview within a one week to two weeks period. The interview is one on one and usually conducted by a Grad assistant. Interview questions consist of your ability to handle different situations and availability, which is usually the deciding factor.