Sevenstep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sevenstep Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sevenstep.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, interviewer was very nice and had great things to say about the company and how everything runs there. No unusual questions, they kept it pretty standard and did a couple hypothetical scenarios to see how you'd handle them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Did a phone screen and then went into the office for a face to face interview. The interviewer talked more than I did, and kept saying how they've been promoted a lot. It didn't feel like they really wanted to get to know my skills or background much.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process took three months. They needed new people for contracts that they didn't have yet, so they were interviewing a ton of people and then just waiting on the contracts. There were three phone interviews and two in person.

Interview Questions

• A lot of basic questions about your experience sourcing and recruiting and what type of team you worked best with (so they can figure out which team to place you on, because within the company there are a bunch of different sourcing and recruitment teams and team leaders).   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sevenstep (New York, NY).

Interview

Organized and fairly quick process. I interviewed with 3 different people in the company and was asked to complete a writing sample. The interview process lasted about 90 minutes but varies from interview to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were not able to accomplish your goal and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with 3 people. First the team manager and a recruiter for the initial "tell me about yourself" questions. We talked for maybe 20-30 minutes. I then got a tour of the office and had a writing prompt. Afterwards I talked to the team manager again for a few minutes then met with another manager. It felt like it went by fast because I was getting along with the interviewers so well! I got a call about 15 minutes after leaving the office with the job offer!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The second interview was onsite where 3 individuals interviewed one at a time, and then completed a computer test. After the interview onsite an offer was extended,.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sevenstep.

Interview

Phone interview which was pleasant. In-person interview was underwhelming, it was for a position that involved speaking Spanish but the interviewer only spoke basic Spanish himself. Everyone at Seven Step was very nice though, the office layout is one giant room called the "bull pen". Great location in the city!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter who had been there a few years, then a director. The recruiter was someone who had been here a few years, clearly did not have many aspirations because she is still doing this easy job for little pay. The director came in and talked to me. It was not as much an interview, as it was them talking about how great the company was, and then I would nod and say "yes it seems like a great company." There was a short writing sample that was the easiest thing I've ever done. They are just looking for people who know how to read, write, and talk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this award you won on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed. Dress up of course, but I had a conversation with two leads in different departments where they explained the company, their goals, vision, and where the business projects to be for the coming year and asked a few questions about my background. We joked around and then I got a tour of the office. After that I was told to do a writing sample. They told me I had 25 minutes to answer three essay questions but after maybe 5 they stopped me and I was nowhere near done. I had typed up and just an introductory paragraph by that point. I met with a senior manager finally, she asked me a few more questions and I got a phone call with the job offer a few days later. The only part that sucked was I basically sat in purgatory after the job offer for 3 months waiting on a start date but for me at least it was definitely worth the wait.

Overall I'd say it was pretty easy though. They like to look for intelligence, proof of hard work and accountability, and willingness to cooperate. If you can convey those traits in your answers you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle multiple tasks on a time crunch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told there was no ability to negotiate salary. Later I found out that some of my coworkers had negotiated salaries in the beginning however this ended up hurting them for raises in the long run. Ultimately since everyone basically works in HR they force it to even out in the long run.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sevenstep (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then a three hour interview, and finally a writing sample. It took them a few weeks to get back to me about a decision.

Negotiation

Minimal