Sheehy Auto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2016

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sheehy Auto

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto.

Interview

Just like your typical interview process. Apply online and just follow up with a phone call or walk in and speak to a manager. Be very aggressive on the follow up, managers are really busy

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are you ready to put in long hours and dedication to job?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Saw the AD on Craigslist that they were hiring for a receptionist got called in for a interview the next day and they loved me when I met the General Manager. Got called in that night and was told I was hired

Parts Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto (Manassas, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy because when they are hiring parts drivers they need one ASAP. They ask questions like how are your driving record, and other things like accidents because obviously you are gonna be driving all day

Interview Questions

• How is your driving record   1 Answer

Sakes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

2 interviews quick and simple, meet the gsm and the other managers, go and take a drug test and bring a copy of your driving record, they then send you to a one day class and then give you like 100 test all about cars that need to be done in less then a month or they let you go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sheehy   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto (Waldorf, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Asked me to come in to the dealership at 11am. Was there at 10:45. Waited about an hour until anyone interviewed me without explanation, from the start was unprofessional. After a few interview questions was sent to get a drug test and driving record which I had to pay for myself.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work very long hours, 7 days a week, even Sundays? Asked me my experience with sales, they talked more about themselves than asking me questions in the interview.   1 Answer

Auto Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheehy Auto (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job after looking on career sites and emailed the manager after completing the application.
    I received an email about two days later and then we spoke on the phone to set up an interview.
    When I arrived at the location I was not surprised to find that the workplace was very clean, the employees were very friendly, and all desk were well kept to what I can see. When I was called in to start the interview I saw that the manager had nothing to guide him in the interview process. I did not see a company handbook ( lots of companies use them), a notepad, nor my resume or application in front of him. I was a little bit nervous but I did make sure to speak properly and give a firm handshake. I have a VERY unique last name, a name that can hint racial or ethnic background. I am never surprised when asked how to pronounce, but I was thrown away when asked which parent was racial associated with my last name. the question was not uncomfortable but thrown off by the unlawful question. We then spoke of what brings me to the company and what experience do I have that is associated with the job. When giving me the full description of the job he informed me that income potential would be great " for someone your age". Then he asked, " how old are you" and guessed between ages. At that point in the interview I was guessing that I would be offered the job. Much throughout the interview I was wondering if the manager has ever been properly trained on interviewing candidates. By the end of the he was really interested in hiring me. He informed me that the training is in a COUPLE of days! I had a job and giving short noticed would burn bridges. Not only that I would have to go to Maryland for training. The next training session would not be till the end of the following month, so I was put on the fence because he really wanted me to get on the sales floor the beginning the following month.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wants to know what their estimated car payments will be we use a simple formula to estimate there payments. Take the amount of the car and multiply the first two numbers by 2, add a 0 and this is their estimated payment.
      When looking to match a car to a ideal car payment, take the ideal payment and divide by 2, remove the 0 and this the price range the customer should stay under.

What would be the estimated car payment for a $20,000 vehicle? What would be the customers price range if they want to stay under $500 a month?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Job salary is not negotiable. You have a week of paid training, in MD with hotel paid for ( not sure about transportation). Your first month you are on a training salary and after you drop down to your base salary. Commission is tiered to the number of cars you sell each month and VIP and warranties sold. The income potential depends on the person, so I would not consider the job to someone who does not have the confidence in themselves to sell at least 2.5 cars a week. Otherwise you would be living on a base salary the same to a part time job.