Shoppers Food & Pharmacy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

1.7

Produce Clerk, Store Level, Part Time, Hourly Paid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millersville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Millersville, MD).

Interview

This company took over from METRO markets which was an INVOLVED and well received neighborhood oriented supermarket. When SHOPPERS took over the slide downhill was like an express train to Hell. The job interview was simple...are you breathing? Do you know a tomato from an onion? GREAT! You're hired. They are looking for pack mules and beasts of burden NOT involved, skillful workers.

Interview Questions

• There were NONE. I was hired in less than 7 minutes simply because I showed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE.. I needed a job being new to the area with ongoing expenses and THEY needed one additional village idiot.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Fairfax, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and went to the store to check on my application. I spoke to the manager and told her of my interest in working there. She took my phone number and told me she would check on my application. Within a few days, I received a phone call and got scheduled for an interview.
    There were a couple of other applicants at the interview. Although I didn't had any experience working in the U.S. apart from babysitting, she gave me a shot and I had a 90 days probation period.
    The interview itself went great. The questions were pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got called in shortly after for an interview. Spoke to an assistant store manager. He was very kind and helpful in answering my questions. He didn't even laugh too hard when I asked a stupid question and was respectful of the fact I had a child. He also explained how the interview/hiring process worked and about different parts of company policy such as seniority.

Cashier Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Springfield, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Standard and plain.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The company is unionized.

Clerk Cashier & General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

I Was called in to be interviewed by the general manager. He Asked about previous job experience, availability, and why I choose to apply at shoppers. It was a pretty easy interview. You do not need any experience to start working as a cashier.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Shoppers?

What is your availability?

Do you have an medical conditions or ailments that could prevent you from standing on your feet for hours or lifting up to 50lbs?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Leesburg, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Not much. Basic interview as it was my first job. Went in to talk to manager and he set me up with what to do. Did well on the tests and then had an in person interview. Can apply in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered, i accepted

No Experience? You're Hired! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy (Brooklyn Park, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

I got called for an interview. They hired me on the spot. No questions asked. Make sure you pass the online assessment though.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy in October 2009.

Interview

I saw a flyer outside the store and it said "NOW HIRING''. I Applied online and then I contacted them to set up an interview. He asked me about what customer service meant to me, how much experience I had, to describe some difficult situations I experienced, and how I resolved them. He then said "alright'' and before I knew it, I started about 4 days later. He did not bother to check my references or my previous employers.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Food & Pharmacy in January 2008.

Interview

I applied online and got the job shortly after. The manager called me and asked me to come in and talked to him. He gave my a bunch of papers to sign and I think I started the next day. I trained for like three days then I was on my own.