Sinch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sinch

2.5

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sinch (Atlanta, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

In late December 2018, I was contacted by a staffing agency recruiter for this position. He mentioned it was for a Technical Account Manager. The recruiter stressed the need to have skills with Linux. I answered the majority of the screening questions he had correctly.
    In January 2019, I received feedback from the recruiter that a phone interview was requested with the hiring manager.
    Due to the location of this person, the call was done via Skype.
    The conversation went well, the usual position overview and discussion of my experience.
    The recruiter contacted me following the phone interview to schedule an on-site interview.

Prior to my on-site interview, I was given a tentative schedule of people with whom I was to meet. Although there was some modifications, I met with a total of eight people, including one out of state via phone.
    I met with people in HR, operations and sales, including some at the executive level.
    The entire on-site was about 2.5 hours.
    Two of the manager in operations interviewed me regarding my technical ability. Across the interview, emphasis was put on customer contact. I asked about databases and SQL and it was mentioned that at the Technical Account Manager level, queries were executed using an interface. One of the persons who interviewed me was a support engineer, working at the level of support where I am used to working.
    The managers that interviewed me in operations. Emphasis was also put on customer contact and sense of urgency. Which although I have customer-facing experience, I sense they believe I did not have enough.
    Regarding Linux, my advice is that it would be helpful to know how to use awk and sed.

Although I desired the position, in retrospect, I probably would have become bored with the position or in some areas felt like I was technically overqualified.
    I do at least appreciate receiving feedback that I was not selected for the position on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• [Recruiter question] What is the command to edit a cron job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sinch.

Interview

I should have known there was an issue when the departmental Manager could not take the time to fly in to interview me. The HR Manager, provided a basic intetview. He was more concerned about how I handled stress and multi-tasking situations. If the hiring Manager cannot make a trip into the office to meet with you, decline any offers.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinch (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

Phone screening then Skype interview to see if you're a good fit. If you pass you get called to a face to face interview. Recruiter informed me I passed to the next phase and at the end they chose a referral after postponing the face to face interview by a week. For future purposes please tell the candidates earlier if they did or didn't make it instead of getting their hopes up.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinch.

Interview

It was a preliminary phone interview. However, I found out later that the Talent Acquisition contacted/divulge information to my current employer and prompted me to write this review. That's all i have to say.

Interview Questions

Sinch Response

Sep 11, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

It is CLX's position not to contact employers until an offer of employment is made. The contact is made during the background check. At no time prior do we reach... More

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinch.

Interview

The first step of the process was an interview, where the interviewer asked general questions, as well as questions related to SEO. After a week, I was sent a project description which I had 5 days to complete. The project included 2 tasks: writing an article, improving an online campaign . After completing and sending the project, it took 2 weeks for them to respond that they wouldn't proceed with me to the following step. I asked for more information without success.

Interview Questions

• Describe some best practices of SEO.   1 Answer

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sinch (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)).

Interview

There is no process actually sadly. For some they follow a set of steps, for some others they do some other steps.

Like they takes a very hard Aptitude tests intending for a candidate to fail.
    They did not verify the technical ability, nor any HR or Personality aspect. If you fail to do the hard Aptitude tests, you are rejected straight away .

Moreover , I had to wait 15 min for first interview as the hiring Manager was in another meeting.

My question is Are those 20 set of questions which you might not be familiar the main factor ? The role was as a web developer and I have 12 years and I got 2 offers later on in companies as big as Sinch. Very poor process !! They actually did not want to hire me!!

Interview Questions

• Basic questions as first meeting, not more process further.   Answer Question

Account Manager Junior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sinch.

Interview

Contacted by email to set the call meeting. The interview was short since it was done just to introduce the company and asses my profil. Nothing was remarkable. Then the recruter would contact by email for further follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your salary expection?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sinch (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The Montreal GM at the time (aka the Witch), or switch the W with a B, either or, and RG (self proclaimed Chief Evangelist) sat me down with Voss water. The “Evangelist” proceeded to ask me questions as the witch would stare me down, with a smile for a good answer, and a glare for a bad answer.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about yourself” aka known as the worst possible question to ask as an interviewer.   1 Answer
    • Are you a leader?   2 Answers