Sonicbids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sonicbids

Manager of Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonicbids (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out beginning of first week in new year, from an application submitted first week in Dec. Asked for my availability and stated that one day would be best so I informed of my availability that particular day. Scheduled a phone screen with the head of the department and received a confirmation calendar invite with the department head included - so far so good. Come to day of phone screen, wait 5-10 mins and no call or email. I emailed both recipients on the invite - recruiter and department head, to see if the call was still occurring that day. No response and no call. Pretty rude and bad start to interview process for a potential candidate. I don't think I will be moving forward with a reschedule.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonicbids (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal, all behavioral questions. I was turned off from the position halfway through when I learned that the actual positional duties were nothing like what was described in the job posting. In fact, the position had been split into two separate intern roles which I found unnecessary because the responsibilities were very straightforward. There wasn't much interest shown in learning about my skills and capabilities, most of the time was taken to explain their situation and what they need the intern in this particular role to do. Spoiler- mostly grunt work because they do not have the "resources" or "time".

I didn't finish the interview process as the phone screening was enough for me to confirm the negative reviews found here on glassdoor.

S&O Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonicbids (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the COO in a little bit. Had a phone screening and asked some questions about the company and the position I was applying for. Met at the office for a one-on-one interview. Typical behavioral interview. The office is spacious and quite laid back. Got an offer the day after the interview.

Content Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonicbids (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

In my very recent experience with Sonicbids, the reviews here don't reflect AT ALL what this company is about. Sonicbids came under new management earlier this year; all of the problematic execs were weeded out and the new leading team is super professional, friendly, and focused on success. They're working hard to make Sonicbids better and more relevant, and I was personally very impressed with how everyone I met (and I met a lot of people!) appeared to be focused on that same goal. I ranked this interview as difficult only because of the amount of prep work required — I had to write up a full content marketing plan — but the in-person interview portion was pretty simple and straightforward: I met with 5 different team members and we discussed how this role would enhance Sonicbids's overall strategy. I also had to take a basic timed editorial test. Despite not being offered this position, I found the interview experience to be enriching and enjoyable. Good people, good product, and big things on the horizon.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. Make sure you understand their goals and are prepared to share exactly how you would reach them.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonicbids (Boston, MA) in September 2008.

Interview

I actually had two interviews due to an employee referral at this company. An informational interview in the fall of 2007 with a HR director who described the owner/CEO as "a loose cannon' who had to be micromanged and can never be pleased. Additonally, when I asked about the employees who leave the company vs. those who stay she told me "We've never had anyone leave, but we've had to terminate some people and frankly I don't care if it was a fair situation or not." The other interview to be Copywriter in 2008 was similarly strange. It was apparent that in the space of a year they'd had 3 HR people and had hired all the bottom people without hiring managers first. I was told at the interview there would be no place for advancement and they were looking for someone who had no interest in moving up at the company. I don't think they ever hired for the job. I later noticed that the winner of one of their 'band contests' (this is what this company does, sponsor contests for bands, booking opportunities etc.) was a band who work at the company. Another contestant was from Sonicbids' external marketing agency. I thought the place had no integrity, did not understand the vision of the CEO (from my experience it did not add up) for his company. Turnover was far too high for me to consider leaving a job to take a position there even if it was offered.

Interview Questions

• Me:Tell me about the kind of people you see having a future at this company. What is the difference between those who leave and those who stay?   1 Answer