Space Needle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.0

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. After that, they called me almost 4 times to interview with different people. The first interview was HR. After that, I had 3 technical follow-up interviews.

Total time waste. They could not arrange, all the people in one meeting. It was not hard to arrange. But they are ignorant on that.

Interview Questions

• General technical and process questions related to BI, customers, and processes.   Answer Question

Space Shooter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Needle.

Interview

Easy interview, very extensive hiring process, had to check with 3 references, drug test, entire process changed for this department, i remember going into their office 3 or 4 different times I know there is a simpler way to do this but whatever

Elevator Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

This process was quick and easy. Apply online initially, and you can also see the wages listed before applying. The HR manager even pointed me towards a position that I had not applied to, but she felt my skills would be useful there, and it was a higher paying position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will ask you to pretend you are an elevator operator and give him a mock presentation about Seattle, such as you would give tourists riding in the elevator.   Answer Question

Guest Experience Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Needle in June 2015.

Interview

Had one in person interview where they asked primarily behavioral questions. I scheduled an interview with HR and they asked me to come in early morning to meet with the manager.

Flex Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 step process - First they gave me a call to inform me that I had an interview but also chatted a bit, felt like an interview on the spot. Then an interview a week later, 1 on 1. Drug test that day. Then and interview a week later with a few of the big dogs.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

online application, followed by a phone call for an interview with HR. That same day I had a second interview with the director of Facilities, and the Assistant Security Manager. Was given a writ for a drug screen. Upon completion of the drug screen I was called and given a job offer a few day later. Pretty fast and efficient if you have all your ducks in a row.

Interview Questions

• How is customer service and safety important to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. I asked for the top pay for the position based on my education and experience, and they accommodated my request.

Worst Experience Ever, I Would Not Waste My Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

First you apply, then you get a follow up call inviting you to a "Job fair" interview and they try and make you feel special by giving you a ticket and telling you this is a invite only..however they have already interviewed half of Seattle. The next step is once u get to the floor they have seats and stations arranged for the interviewers.

They call you according to the position you have applied for. you meet with one woman/man even if you do your best it probably is not good enough, however if the company had any other doubts in my resume it should have been addressed early. rather than waiting 3 weeks later.

After the interview. you are told to go sit back out in the lobby and you would move on to the next station to interview with the actual hiring manager, this never happened, the woman came back out and said he's super busy, but they will call you back for a another interview later that week.

This also never happened. You follow up with the HR and they continuously said they had no information and would let you know when they do, after calling 2 more times and one email expressing interest ,they still do not respond.

Now its 5/19/2014 and 3 weeks later and Just now receiving an email that you was not chosen as a candidate for a Job even though you are well OVER qualified for! it was a waste of time and gas and money! because you will have to pay for parking $10 bucks! THIS COMPANY IS DISORGANIZED.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.......   1 Answer

Marketing Street Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Space Needle.

Interview

One interview directly with marketing manager.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions regarding prior customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard pay amongst all street team members. Better than minimum wage. Excellent summer job.

Retail and Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Referral from a friend that was already working for the Space Needle. I was contact by HR and agreed on a date to come in for an interview. It was a two round interview, one with the head of the department and another with the head of HR, or at least the hiring manager.

Valet Parking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Needle (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were a couple of interviews - both were somewhat formal, but not intimidating. Mainly felt like they wanted to see if I was good with people. A lot of questions about customer service experience, and hypothetical customer-interaction experiences.

Interview Questions

• If I knew much about Seattle's history and the surrounding area.   Answer Question