Spartan Race Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spartan Race (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Phone Interview with a recruiter. Called me around 8am in the morning and proceeded to ask a list of targeted questions based off of my resume. Took about a total of 25 minutes and was told I will get a call later on in the week.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spartan Race (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with multiple people throughout the office including people who were not in my department. Had to take a test to gage my skill level which I thought was a bit strange.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to work in a collaborative environment   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spartan Race in June 2017.

Interview

Was recruited via LinkedIn, did a screening call with HR, and then a 30-minute phone interview with the VP of Brand Marketing. From there, they scheduled me for 2.5 hours of in-person interviews at the office. Then the day before the interviews, recruiter said he had to reschedule for next week, and could I please do a written assignment? The in-person interview ended up being blown off completely, and they asked me to do a lot of free work for them before they would consider an in-person meeting, because of a "change in process." So I did the assignment, which took me 6+ hours, and then sent it in. Never heard back from anyone at Spartan Race, even after a few weeks of silence and me following up via email and LinkedIn. Super rude.

International Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Race (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was informed that they were considering me for this position after retaining my resume the last time I applied for this position. Initial contact was made via email. We made plans for a phone interview for the following day.

The phone interview was fairly basic. No "gotcha!" questions, nothing unfair.

Was ultimately rejected via email.

Interview Questions

• What were you looking for in terms of pay?   1 Answer

Race Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spartan Race in October 2015.

Interview

Sat with the Head of Production and some other Production personnel. It was a very comfortable conversation, thoughtful questions and a good balance between me learning about the company and them learning about me.

Interview Questions

• Most important questions for them were around my previous experience. They clearly know what responsibilities the role has, and what qualities/qualifications make for a successful Race Director. All questions were geared towards assessing my fit for this role.   Answer Question

Director of Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spartan Race (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

Stay away. Believe Glassdoor, I wish I had.

Bottom line: No screening call + no challenge during interviews = it was a beauty contest.

In my case, I failed because I'm 58 and probably 20 lbs overweight.

Is this the company you want to work for?

Interview Questions

• Where did you come in from today?   1 Answer

Associate Creative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spartan Race.

Interview

I was contracted by their recruiter and had two phone interviews. After the second, they asked me to do a massive test assignment of almost 100 pieces. To say the least, the request was far outside industry norms (if not strange and suspicious) and I declined to participate.

Interview Questions

• Will you do several weeks' worth of work for us for free?   1 Answer

International Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spartan Race.

Interview

It was very quick interview process. Position with 5+ years experience the salary being offered was only slightly higher than what is offered to new grads in this area. Was frustrated with how the process was handled and multiple people involved with incorrect information being communicated between them. I had some concerns going into the interview having read some negative employee reviews, which were confirmed through my experience.