Sparxoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sparxoo

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Initially was a phone interview. Then a case study to be done in an hour was sent to me to check my skills. Then an in-office interview with essentially everyone in the office plus the CEO. Definitely intimidating but a fun, new interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• I have never been asked to do a case study to evaluate my skills before in a short time. Don't know if they asked every applicant of this, but something to look forward to.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

This interview was one of the worst experiences I've ever had and I've endured a variety of different interviews. For a semester long internship (~6 months long), the interview process took overall about 6 months for an internship position. Unfortunately, following the process I felt extremely disrespected. I had taken the quiz and completed the online application which took some time and received a follow up email for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, I completed a timed marketing assignment. I had also received an email that was meant for another applicant which seemed unprofessional. I had an in-person interview first with the head of one department, next with 3 different employees simultaneously. I was initially told I would hear an answer back by a certain month. However, they later said it would be an additional month. Following the entire process and in-person interview, I sent a thank you email for their time. I never heard any answer back ever. Not an email or rejection or acceptance letter. After several months of applying and spending a great deal of effort and time into this process, I was extremely disappointed to see how this company treats its interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Variety of specific situational questions to gauge your personality.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Office was really cool on Harbor Island. They invited me in and got me some water. Met with the CEO and a director briefly and had a good conversation. On my way out I asked to use the bathroom and they told me it was for employees only, which seemed weird to me. Then I got home and read the reviews and noticed that one of them mentioned a less-than-ideal bathroom situation so maybe that's why.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Social Media management?   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

They'll ask you the basic questions that you get asked everywhere. The interviewers are nice, the only gripe I had was it took almost 3 hours because the three interviewers all came in at separate times and proceeded to ask the same questions over again.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

This process took over 4 months before I gave up. I applied online. Then recieved an email that they were impressed with my resume and would like to do a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the following week. That phone screening was pretty basic with "tell me about yourself and your experience". After the call they had me do an online personality test, as well as some other test that seemed like random math questions. Even though I though that was odd, I did it anyway. After that they emailed me a week or two later and said they'd like for me to come in for an in person interview.

I went in and spent a few hours there. When I walked in no one greeted me or even looked up to see who I was or what I was doing there. Someone finally asked me and said they would let someone know I was here. While given a tour, same thing, no one even bothered to notice or say hello. There seems to be a lack of warmth in their culture, I've worked for an agency before and most people are not this quiet in a creative office they were all silent.

I interviewed with 2 people first, and then the CEO/Founder interviewed me after them. The first interview was much more productive, and we had great things to dicuss. The interview with the CEO was less productive and more about ANOTHER personality test with some cards. I was also shocked by how little they have behind their current road map and business objectives. I asked plenty of probing questions about their business that left me very unsure they would even have the money to pay someone given their lack of drive.
    I'm very well versed in how those "personality" tests work, and I gave answers I think they weren't expecting. At this point, I was already sure this was a juvenile company that can't make any type of character or productive business descisions on their own with out making me take what felt like a facebook quiz to tell me what kind of pie I am. *rolls eyes*
    Even though I felt this way already, I didn't appear that way or make it known. I remained very professional and enthusiastic throughout the process.

After I left, they said they would let me know soon. I emailed their HR person to thank them for the interview and hope to hear from them soon. Weeks went by, then months went by with NO follow up whatsoever. Then I finally hear from them over 2 months later and they say they are still deciding. If it's a no then tell me now, but they didn't they insisted they would still follow up with me again and NEVER DID. How unprofessional. I have noticed they still haven't filled this position and I'm not surprised given my own experience with them.

If you are a true professional who has been in this industry before I would steer clear of this company and their unprofessionalism, as they are clearly still learning the ropes of how to even run a business.

Interview Questions

Sparxoo Response

May 4, 2018 – VP, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take time to really get to know those who apply and ensure they are the right fit for the company and the specific role. We think it’s equally... More

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sparxoo in January 2018.

Interview

30 minute call. Then two personality tests to gauge if you are a fit for the company. One follow up email said they would reach out if results were a fit.

Interview Questions

Sparxoo Response

May 14, 2018 – VP, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Even though it sounds like your application didn’t translate into an offer this time, we encourage you to apply again should another role... More

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a brief application, then phone interview, timed case study activity, an additional interview before final decision. The case study was a unique experience– not hard. The interviews were conversational and the recruiter was friendly and accommodating.

Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sparxoo in April 2018.

Interview

First there's an over the phone interview, then a personality questionnaire, then a stress test or prompt where you have only an hour to write and research a blog, and finally there's an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you have creative differences with a past boss?   Answer Question

May 14, 2018 – VP, People Operations

Thank you for your interest in joining Sparxoo, and for sharing your positive experience. It’s no doubt a thorough interview process but we believe it’s important to really get to know our candidates... More

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the company long, long after submitting a resume. Had a brief discussion with a junior HR person and then a call with the founder of the agency, which went "ok," except he really didn't seem to have a plan for this role or a digital strategy for the agency. He then laughingly told me I had to take a personality test to move on to the next step because "HR is trying to make us all proper and stuff." I then read the reviews of the agency on Glassdoor and chose not to move on with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Will you take a personality test?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthier than expected for an internship. Started with a phone call, then an assignment, then an in-person interview. Questions were about relevant experience, goals, strengths/weaknesses (pretty standard).