Special Olympics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in the beginning of December and was contacted a month later to schedule an interview. I was asked to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paper work. The actual interview was with 4 people that were from the development team. I was asked about my previous experience, skills, and why I was interested in the organization.

Interview Questions

• What form of communication do I prefer (email, phone, in person etc.) and am I comfortable speaking in front of large groups?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within two days of applying. The interview was over the phone with ladies in the Chicago and DC office. The interviewers were super friendly but some of their questions were challenging. I was prepared but still felt unprepared. If you're interviewing with them I suggest you look at their values! They really want to hear how much you advocate for people with disabilities.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good leader?
      Describe a time that you've been in a situation where the results were not as you expected or planned for?
      Answer Question

Special Projects and Events Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

Originally, I found the posting on LinkedIn for Special Olympics Illinois and did that simple application process. After that, I had a quick, ten minute phone interview. In that interview, they were very straight forward. The HR manager (conducting that interview) told me that they narrowed it down from 100+ to 20 for a phone interview, and were narrowing it down again (I think about 8) for an in person interview. I was emailed again to schedule that interview, which was your basic, multi-person interview. I spoke conversationally with a 3-person board regarding traditional interview questions. They explained in that interview that, if necessary, they would ask 2-3 people in for a third interview, and ask them to prepare some projects. Again, I was asked for this interview, asking to prepare a couple projects. I came in again (one hour, one way) and presented my work, receiving positive feedback. This resulted in more questions regarding my work style. They said that they would be getting back to everyone shortly, regardless of the outcome. It has been over a month and a half, and I have yet to hear.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle many people from many departments asking you to do something?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my app and received an email asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with four employees. It was mostly questions related to my skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

Before even going in when were trying to schedule a time to interview the person would takes days to respond to my email so I didn't care for that.

As far as the interview itself the questions were your standard interview questions but those asking seemed a little inexperienced. I liked the person interviewing but they didn't really go too much go over the basics of the job.

My big issue was after the the interview. They didn't address the next steps so I reached out about a week later and asked about the status of things. No response at all. To me this speaks volumes about their office. They took days to respond to set up an initial interview and then completely ignore a candidate afterwards. Clearly I did not get the job but quite frankly I am glad. I do not want to work for an organization that is disorganized and rude. Shame because the organization is awesome, but this particular office, not so much.

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Manchester, NH) in April 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, skills and personality tests which took a chunk of time, and finally a face to face interview. I walked into the room and one person was very engaged in the process and the other person couldn't have cared less. She was rude, kept looking at the clock, and wouldn't make eye contact. I don't know if they two interviewers didn't like each other or what was going on. I knew the minute I walked into the interview room that I didn't stand a chance.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

easy, just a quick check to see you aren't brain dead. Mostly just asked what my major was and where I wanted to go in the future. Also made sure I had an interest in the organization. I feel like they do most of the screening based off of the initial resume you send in.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

unpaid volunteer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. They were looking to fill the position rather quickly so the process took less than a month. Contacted by the hiring manager, then interviewed with other team members as well as HR director. References and background check followed.

Unified Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Three separate interviews and the staff that I interviewed with were great. Friendly and Family atmosphere. I toured the office and really enjoyed meeting all of the employees. I had a great experience working there and will always remember them as being there for whatever you would need.

Senior Manager, Leadership and Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a Skype interview after submitting an online application. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The hiring manager let me know that he had several people he was screening in this phase of the process. It was a typical screening interview and covered the basic questions--like why I wanted to work at SO and tell me about yourself--to questions that delved more deeply into what what my experience with leadership development had been. I heard back from them quickly after I submitted my resume, but it took a few weeks longer after the interview to learn that I hadn't made it to the next round.