Special Olympics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Special Olympics Interview Questions

Interviews at Special Olympics

2.7

Community Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my app and received an email asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with four employees. It was mostly questions related to my skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Associate Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

Went through the job description. Spoke a lot about employee burn out and frequent turnover of the position. Told me they had 100 other applicants. Not a challenging interview by any means.

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in the beginning of December and was contacted a month later to schedule an interview. I was asked to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paper work. The actual interview was with 4 people that were from the development team. I was asked about my previous experience, skills, and why I was interested in the organization.

Interview Questions

• What form of communication do I prefer (email, phone, in person etc.) and am I comfortable speaking in front of large groups?   Answer Question

Sports Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics in July 2018.

Interview

First round was a phone interview, my interviewer was super nice and kept the conversation fairly casual. He told me about his experience and background and the rest of the interview was essentially him going over my resume and asking about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about unified sports?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

Originally, I found the posting on LinkedIn for Special Olympics Illinois and did that simple application process. After that, I had a quick, ten minute phone interview. In that interview, they were very straight forward. The HR manager (conducting that interview) told me that they narrowed it down from 100+ to 20 for a phone interview, and were narrowing it down again (I think about 8) for an in person interview. I was emailed again to schedule that interview, which was your basic, multi-person interview. I spoke conversationally with a 3-person board regarding traditional interview questions. They explained in that interview that, if necessary, they would ask 2-3 people in for a third interview, and ask them to prepare some projects. Again, I was asked for this interview, asking to prepare a couple projects. I came in again (one hour, one way) and presented my work, receiving positive feedback. This resulted in more questions regarding my work style. They said that they would be getting back to everyone shortly, regardless of the outcome. It has been over a month and a half, and I have yet to hear.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle many people from many departments asking you to do something?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was easy and simple. The interview was short and to the point. It was on time and wasn't a waste of time. It was a overall good experience.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward but there were a lot of interviews. I had a phone interview, then was invited into the office for a series of individual interviews plus a group interview, then an HR interview. A week or so later I was asked to come in again for an interview with someone who was unavailable the first time I was in the office. Everyone I met was very friendly and most of the interviews were designed like get to know you conversations rather than a rigid, formal interview. It was one of the better interview processes I've participated in even though I didn't end up being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly conversational and creative. One of the panelists asked my favorite sports team. I was also asked about specific international experience I had and how that relates to Special Olympics.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

easy, just a quick check to see you aren't brain dead. Mostly just asked what my major was and where I wanted to go in the future. Also made sure I had an interest in the organization. I feel like they do most of the screening based off of the initial resume you send in.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

unpaid volunteer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Special Olympics.

Interview

I had to send in my resume and CV via email and then do an interview. Then I was requested to do a phone screen. After that it was a standard process.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special Olympics (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online for internship position for World Games in L.A. Constant emails back and forth, with hiring manager. Multiple phone interview process, with basic interview questions. Asked about availability, and how many hours I was willing to work.