Sullivan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sullivan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They were helpful and friendly in the original HR conversation and in arranging for the interview, but I knew within the first five minutes of my in-person interview that I didn't want to work there. All 4-5 interviews were on two sofas right in the middle of the work space, which was uncomfortable. I felt like I was constantly being put on the defensive (I'm aware that this could be me, so was conscious of trying not to answer in a defensive or inelegant way) and felt like I had to keep justifying why I was there -- which is strange because you invited me to interview. The founder told me I reminded her of her son because of his age, which was patronizing and offensive. The feedback I received with my rejection also contradicted several things that were said during my actual interview (e.g., they were surprised at how large my current firm is and then told me I need more experience at a larger firm). On the bright side, I heard back same-day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you want to have three jobs in two years? (This wasn't even accurate.)   Answer Question

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was immediately called in for an in-person interview upon applying. The actual interview went very well. The next day Sullivan requested professional references. I provided them promptly. They never contacted any of the references and never followed up with me. Highly unprofessional - I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume through my university. They reached out to me to schedule a call. I was asked to submit writing samples. I was told that there might be a delay in turn around. Although I followed up several times, I never heard back from them after submitting my materials.

Interview Questions

• What relevant skills do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, received email from HR (lovely lady) to set up an initial call, then came in for an interview with HR (a month later, due to holidays and such), she then set me up to speak with three members on the team across all levels that I'd (potentially) be working on. Conversations went great, received an offer after two weeks. Process was easy and everyone I spoke with was very friendly & interested in what I had to say.

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Four short interviews back to back. Was reminded multiple times that they had other interviews lined up, which I thought was unnecessary. Average interview questions about past work. Walked through portfolio. (bring a laptop!) Office seemed very crowded, interviews were held at two couches behind a row of people at their desks.

Interview Questions

• How do you come up with concepts? What is your process? What are you looking for? Are you hands-on?   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

3 visits with 2 interviews on each visit. Then was asked to do an "exercise" creating a project plan for a response to an RFP that they worked on, which asked me to spend only 4 hours of my time on. In my opinion the information I was given was too incomplete to accurately a proper project plan.

Interview Questions

• When the team has ideas they want to add, that can't be accommodated by the timeline how do you avoid giving a flat out "no" to them.   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy process. Interviewed with HR then with the director for the billing department. They asked basic questions and went over my resume more in depth. Was not very stressful or intimidating for such a big law firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. Interviewed with them and they said that they would be able to give me a decision within a week or two. I mentioned that I was talking to other companies and the director of people told me that if I was to receive an offer, I could reach out to her to expedite the decision process. Five weeks have gone by and I have still not received a decision, or a reply to any of my emails.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I first found Sullivan on my school's career website and then applied online. About a week after applying, I was contacted by someone at Sullivan asking about availability for an interview. I went into the office the following week for a first round of interviews where I met with 3 different people. The first conversation was 1:1 and the next was 1:2. I got to meet a variety of people all with different backgrounds and lengths of time at Sullivan. It was encouraging to see that the people with 10-15 years at Sullivan and the person with 1 year at Sullivan were equally excited and passionate about their work and experience at Sullivan. The interviews were conversational and the interviewers were curious to find out what I was like not just on paper, but as a person. Everyone I met was friendly and well spoken. That night I received an email saying that they were ready to move on to final steps. By the end of the week I received an offer and accepted!

I was very impressed by the speed and organization of the process - a true sign of a prestigious, respectful, and classy organization.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite brand and why? What are they doing well in terms of marketing and advertising?   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY).

Interview

Showed up for my meeting 15 minutes early, security called up and let me on the elevator. I walked into the "lobby" and was greeted by no one. The office seemed like a mortuary. When the receptionist finally arrived at the front desk 15 minutes later I decided to decline my interview and left. I would never want to work for a place where that is the first impression. I would be very wary.

Sullivan Response

Nov 17, 2014 – Director of People

I wanted to thank you very much for taking time to share your thoughts. Your feedback and the input we get from other prospective, current and past employees means a great deal to us. It helps us... More