Sullivan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sullivan Interview Questions

2.8

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Four short interviews back to back. Was reminded multiple times that they had other interviews lined up, which I thought was unnecessary. Average interview questions about past work. Walked through portfolio. (bring a laptop!) Office seemed very crowded, interviews were held at two couches behind a row of people at their desks.

Interview Questions

• How do you come up with concepts? What is your process? What are you looking for? Are you hands-on?   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

3 visits with 2 interviews on each visit. Then was asked to do an "exercise" creating a project plan for a response to an RFP that they worked on, which asked me to spend only 4 hours of my time on. In my opinion the information I was given was too incomplete to accurately a proper project plan.

Interview Questions

• When the team has ideas they want to add, that can't be accommodated by the timeline how do you avoid giving a flat out "no" to them.   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy process. Interviewed with HR then with the director for the billing department. They asked basic questions and went over my resume more in depth. Was not very stressful or intimidating for such a big law firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. Interviewed with them and they said that they would be able to give me a decision within a week or two. I mentioned that I was talking to other companies and the director of people told me that if I was to receive an offer, I could reach out to her to expedite the decision process. Five weeks have gone by and I have still not received a decision, or a reply to any of my emails.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I first found Sullivan on my school's career website and then applied online. About a week after applying, I was contacted by someone at Sullivan asking about availability for an interview. I went into the office the following week for a first round of interviews where I met with 3 different people. The first conversation was 1:1 and the next was 1:2. I got to meet a variety of people all with different backgrounds and lengths of time at Sullivan. It was encouraging to see that the people with 10-15 years at Sullivan and the person with 1 year at Sullivan were equally excited and passionate about their work and experience at Sullivan. The interviews were conversational and the interviewers were curious to find out what I was like not just on paper, but as a person. Everyone I met was friendly and well spoken. That night I received an email saying that they were ready to move on to final steps. By the end of the week I received an offer and accepted!

I was very impressed by the speed and organization of the process - a true sign of a prestigious, respectful, and classy organization.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite brand and why? What are they doing well in terms of marketing and advertising?   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY).

Interview

Showed up for my meeting 15 minutes early, security called up and let me on the elevator. I walked into the "lobby" and was greeted by no one. The office seemed like a mortuary. When the receptionist finally arrived at the front desk 15 minutes later I decided to decline my interview and left. I would never want to work for a place where that is the first impression. I would be very wary.

Nov 17, 2014 – Director of People

I wanted to thank you very much for taking time to share your thoughts. Your feedback and the input we get from other prospective, current and past employees means a great deal to us. It helps us ... More

Analyst, Brand Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was invited in for a first round interview, when I arrived I was surprised to learn that it was going to be a 5 part interview which ended up taking over 2.5 hours. Luckily I had taken the day off work! Make sure you ask who you'll be meeting with in advance. Each interviewer asked the same questions which were generally conversational (explain to me your work experience, let met tell you about how we do things here, etc), none had reviewed my resume previously. It felt very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Sullivan Response

Nov 17, 2014 – Director of People

I wanted to thank you very much for taking time to share your thoughts. Your feedback and the input we get from other candidates means a great deal to us. It helps us improve what makes Sullivan a ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

A professor from my college recommended that I apply to Sullivan. After forwarding my resume, I was contacted several weeks later and asked to interview in NYC. The experience could not have been any more pleasant. They went out of their way to be accommodating. For example, they were aware of my approaching graduation date before I had even mentioned it to them, and they gave me the option of interviewing via the phone if in-person didn't suit me. The woman who works in HR was so kind in her correspondence, and I remember thinking it was the nicest HR team I had dealt with during my job search. The actual interview lasted several hours and I met with six different members of the Sullivan team from all different levels. The beautiful office alone would have made it worth the trip, not to mention how intelligent and enjoyable the Sullivan team was to speak with. The introductory questions quickly turned into conversation and I left feeling as though I had really connected with the team. Unlike many of the big corporations and consulting firms I had interviewed with, Sullivan made me feel valued as a person, regardless of my status as a college student. In summary, HR really treated me well. Sullivan's kindness distinguished it from everywhere else I had interviewed. When HR called me several days later and extended me the position, I accepted right away!

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty straightforward behavioral questions. Typical "walk me through your resume," etc.   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2014 – Director of People

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We strive to make and keep Sullivan a place where folks can be challenged and inspired to flourish and one of the ways we do that is through ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sullivan (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume/cover letter, and heard back a week later. I went in for an interview with 2 team members that lasted about 1.5 hours. Despite sending multiple follow-up emails, I wasn't contacted until 3 weeks later, when I was brought in for 5 more interviews, 30 minutes each. All of them were very enjoyable, with very smart people. 2 weeks later, HR contacted me asking for writing samples and promised a decision within the week. They never followed up by the end of the week, and as I had a deadline a few days later for another offer, I explained my situation. The HR woman responded by promising to give me an offer or a rejection in time for me to respond to my other offer. But 2 hours after her promised deadline, she emailed and said that while the team was very interested in my candidacy, it still hadn't come to a decision (after 5 weeks?) and needed until the end of the week. I decided to just accept the other offer; I would've loved to work here, but they were very uncommunicative and disrespectful with my time throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why you want to work here, what's your work style   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sullivan in April 2014.

Interview

I had both a pleasant and professional experience with the hiring process at Sullivan. I applied for the Associate Analyst position through my school's online career portal where I was asked to submit a resume (and perhaps also a cover letter…I can't remember). I followed up with the recruiter and heard back immediately. I had three ~45 minute long interviews at the office. 2 with people I'd be working for/with directly and 1 with the recruiter. Everyone was candid and intelligent. I was then asked to submit a brief writing sample, and within the next few days I was given an offer. Sullivan was sensitive to the fact that I was considering other options and kindly extended my decision time by a week. Ultimately I am so happy to have chosen Sullivan!