SunCoke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at SunCoke Energy

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunCoke Energy (East Chicago, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was the first stage of the interview process; by phone with my prospective manager and another staff. They were both really friendly, and I thought the interview went great, so I hoped to hear back from them like they promised. I sent a "thank you" note the following day, wrote a "follow-up" email about 7 working days later to express my continued interest and to ask to know about their decision. Two weeks after my email and I did not get a response.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunCoke Energy (Lisle, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with direct manager and 3 other managers individually. They talked about the company and liked that I knew what they did. They also asked me about my experience and how it would fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• If I could do the job.   1 Answer
    • They also asked me if I could work at a company that has a certain level of future uncertainty in it.   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech-Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunCoke Energy (Granite City, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Once you pass initial test, the interviews go as expected.

Interview Questions

• When I got hired there was no test to see if you can do the electrical, they just took you at your word on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much, this is a union plant with a contract for hourly personnel.