Switch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.3

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

It started off with a tour of the building then we sat down in a conference room and they asked me questions about my background, skills, how I learned to code, and my interests.

They then sent me a simple code challenge after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding Challenge: Thirteen

For all numbers 1 ≤ n ≤ 200:

For numbers that are evenly divisible by 3, output “Switch On” instead of the number.

For any number evenly divisible by 13 or that contains a 13 (eg, 113), output “Spooky”.

For all other numbers just print the number.
      Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Applied via school website, had in person interview within a week or so. The interview was fairy simple, the asked what I was studying and how it applied to the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was paid per project

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

20 minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview with supervisor, then group interview with 3 different peers, followed by final interview with one of the owners. Decision making time after interview was daunting and took several weeks to hear a response. Interviewers were friendly and personable.

NOC Tech Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Switch.

Interview

One phone interview. It went very well and as expected. It was the first interview I've ever done though, but everything was smooth. I was asked questions just as in a one on one interview.
    I also was asked couple technical questions related to the IT field.
    I was nervous at first and especially the 30 minutes right before the I got the phone call. But once the conversation started I engaged and it became normal.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Switch (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the basic behavioral questions and resume walkthrough. After that, there was an interview in person...we met in a starbucks. After that I got an offer. The whole process was rather easy. It didnt require much prep.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflcit.   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Switch (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was a very relaxed process. I met the Manager and Sales VP at a coffee shop and we discussed the overall job description and goals for the internship. They were very open to new ideas and asked what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated when each project would be due. They are very flexable with time so make sure to discuss any other commitments you may have.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. It was one on one with the marketing manager who was also contracted by Switch. I felt totally comfortable in it they had all kinds of swag from previous events on the walls. She was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience and if there was a crowd of people how would I get their attention to come to our area.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Switch.

Interview

Pretty Easy 20 min conversation on the phone, then a face to face conversation at which time I was offered an internship.