TRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TRS

Interviews for Top Jobs at TRS

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TRS (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Abrupt, too busy to take time to discuss role, was not really interested in interviewing, and advised me he had to get to another meeting to get to. I took time out of my busy day to commute to this interview, there was no respect for that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing memorable, interviewer did not even have a copy of my resume, I felt that I was interrupting his schedule, he had another meeting to attend. My time is valuable too.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TRS (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Bad wanted too many details not enough women interviewing felt that it was an old boys club which is bad considering it is a government entity. Asked questions that are legal but in a way to illicit information that they are not legally allowed to ask and then figured it out and rest of interview gave the impression that the decision was already made based on the legally illegally taken information.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TRS (Panama City, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

There were several interviews with TRS. An initial interview established viability as a candidate and interest in the position and location. Then there was back-office conversations between TRS and the client to establish that they were interested. Another interview with TRS filled me in as to all the known issues, detailed information on the job and the new boss and what they were likely to ask and TRS’s perceptions on the best answers based on my background. When the client interview occurred it was like being an actor in a well rehearsed play. TRS also provided technical information on the job and the companies’ products that I might not have found on my own. I have never felt so prepared as the interviews I’ve been sent on by TRS.

Interview Questions

• The client used a standard set of interview questions so they could evenly evaluate all candidates. TRS had over time figured them all out and they shared them. The most difficult question for me, being as I have held higher positions with more pay, was where do I see myself in five or ten years. Retired was not the right answer and I knew that. After long discussion with my TRS contact we decided that since (this particular) job was running a project that would be shut down in a year or so that I would focus on my need to complete that job. Also, that since I had been in higher positions that I no longer wanted that sort of responsibility and pressure (true) and that I was content to help an ambitious boss look good. (I didn’t quite phrase it like that but that was the message.) He left skid marks on his way to tell HR to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It’s hard to give advice when I don’t know who I’m giving it too. Women tend to under-rate their worth. If you’re a woman seek out unbiased advice (which means not reacting badly to honest feedback.) You need to find out what you’re actually worth and what the client is willing to pay. How you do that depends on your business. Remember, you can always come down, but you can’t go up. So, start high and be prepared to be flexible. Also, don’t ask for anything going in that isn’t monetary. Then if you don’t like the monetary offer you can say, “I’d like half a day every other Friday off,” or whatever you’d like in lieu of money. Read a book on negotiating.