Tata Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Group (Milton, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Process was quick for seasonal help. Short in-person interview, the usual interview questions about work ethic and reliability. There were no tests, but they ask that you can use a computer system and a fairly complex phone system. They offered good paid training for using computers and phones.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Group (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interview for TCS’s client McGraw Hill for the New York Location. i took two rounds of Phone Interview first with a TCS employee Murali and then with the McGraw Hill employee Jenny at two different time period.

Once the interviews were done, they came back and said i need to complete 2 case studies. after submitting the case studies, they offered me the job and the contracts were signed but, they came back a day later and said the position is on hold and they are waiting from McGraw Hill for a start date.

I have been in touch with TCS for the past couple of months, they are still unable to offer me a start date.
    this is highly unprofessional. If they are unaware of the start days, why would they even start interviewing candidates? If you have gone thru’ a similar situation please let us now.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Group (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Total 6 rounds
    1 Jam - Speak ion any topic
    2 aptitude - English n Maths
    3 One on one - Shift timings
    4 Typing - 20 wpm
    5 One on One
    6 HR

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in working night shifts.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Group (Visakhapatnam (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

written test (touch stone test, email writing which should contain atlest 50 words)-technical round(c,c++,java,data structures,operating systems,software engg,computer networks,internship)-managerial round(i was given a situation and i have been asked how i will deal with it)-human resource(campus commune profile,background check)

IT Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Group (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was quit easy.
    They check your english knowledge.
    they ask you to talk on any topic.
    anyone can crack interview.
    interview process took 1 day.they give you
    Offer letter same if you are selected.

CCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Group (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

it took a week for the over all interview .they selected me for one process but i am given another role where i am unable to adjust they gave me a role of cce and they gave the training also but nothing helpful.

Customer Care Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Group (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview process consists of four rounds
    1.jam where a topic is given and have to speak about the topic with confidence
    2.aptitude test
    3.typing test
    4.HR round
    the process took one day and i got through all the rounds

Interview Questions

• 1.self intro
      2.family background
      3.about project work during the graduation
      4.why this profession why not btech related jobs?
      5.r u willing to work in shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my opinion is the job requires good comminucation skills and confidence. The persons with good communication skills can opt for this job and will succeed

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Group (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a piece of cake. They were really looking at industry experts. For finding people who will come and stay in Africa is not easy so the most commonly asked question was "are you sure you will stay in Africa? why?" and so on.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you will stay in Africa?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to join TATA group?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Group (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process, as experienced, my resume was shortlisted obtained from one of the placement consultants. Called up directly for face to face interview which was held about 5 rounds. Initial discussions with the Team Manager, Later a psychometric and with senior person and HR Head. Mean while Medical test was conducted in the campus hospital. Interview went good till last round and failed in salary negotiation. Over all good experience but there was delays in the process in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that, every questions were relevant to job.   1 Answer

Store Keeping Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Group in May 2012.

Interview

Initially, an aptitude test is conducted, and also a form will be given wherein you have to fill-in our personal details and educational qualifications.

Then, if you clear the aptitude test, a GD session will be conducted. followed by an interview.