Tata Steel Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Steel Europe Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I've got a call inviting me to an interview and had a week to prepare. They emailed all the necessary information. Had to prepare a presentation about a project or work experience and was asked questions after. The interviewers were easy to talk to and were very talkative. Felt like it almost wasn't an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you are proud of and how you prepared for it?   1 Answer
    • What do we do at this location exactly?   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online psychometric tests after application review. If successful you are invited to take part in a video interview. Following that is an assessment centre at the location you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview involving identifying mechanical parts from pictures and providing solutions to problems regarding said parts   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Industrial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application took few weeks before I was invited to online assessment through email. Both were fairly easy and straightforward given that you did some preparation. It was not until a month later that I was invited to video interview through email provided by their company's video interview panel. The entire process was roughly 20 mins long, included 7 questions, 5 of which was verbal while the rest involved candidates to type answers done. And had to wait few months before they replied.

Interview Questions

• 1)Motivation for studying my current degree.
      2)What degree subject have I studied which is the most relevant to this role?
      3) Extra circular activities and key achievements.
      Answer Question

Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scunthorpe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Scunthorpe, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied Online, Received email about HR Screening interview. Passed it and called for assessment center at their facility. It contained technical presentation for a problem, HR and senior engineer interviews, Group discussion . It contained 6 candidates. Never received a rejection email. Had to call them thrice and finally told me about rejection, but no feedback was provided as promised.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral questions. Technical questions on mechanical aptitude. Group discussion on work place scenario   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Widnes, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Widnes, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

I have had a long list of questions about my job role and experience. Also COSH and First Aid qualifications were asked by supervisor. I was asked if I am flexible with my working hours and if i can work weekends. Also about my previous employer and why did i left old job.

Interview Questions

• my experience and why do I want to join Corus group   1 Answer

Supply Chain Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Talbot, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Port Talbot, Wales (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

First there was a day of numerical and verbal skills tests - They said they would only invite those with the highest scores back to the Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre the day included a tour, having to do a presentation 1:2, interview 1:2 and a group task

Interview Questions

• What is the Supply Chain?   1 Answer
    • From an answer I had given to a previous question they asked me how I would deal with a situation they were currently dealing with which was moving staff from nice offices to a much less so office and how I would be handling the situation   Answer Question
    • Describe situations of team work   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited for online verbal and numerical tests. After passing these, was directly invited for assessment centre which had a technical/functional interview, group exercise, and presentation. Be careful with the group exercise as this is where most people screw up- take time to listen to others while communicating your point clearly.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe the steel making process.   1 Answer

Process Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Talbot, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Port Talbot, Wales (UK)) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied Online, Then got a telephone interview which tested competencies. then was called for a panel interview onsite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Check your accomodation status first before commiting.