Tenneco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tenneco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenneco.

Interview

Process took almost two months, consisting of multiple phone interviews, on site in plant and division office. Company feel so they must interview candidates with 5 to 10 people. A bit extreme in the interview process, however there are no structured processes or questions.

Interview Questions

• Annoyed that I was asked my undergrad gpa after more than 10 years of relevant progressive work experience   1 Answer

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenneco (Monroe, MI).

Interview

Applied online. Got an e-mail for phone interview for 30 min. Then an onsite interview that lasted for 2 hours. I was initially scheduled for a 30 min individual meeting with 4 different people, but they changed the schedule so that 3 of them showed up together and the interview lasted for around 2 hours. It was more productive this way.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about thing on my resume. Behavioral and work related questions.
      Did not accept offer.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenneco.

Interview

I applied on line and a recruiter contacted me about 3 months later via phone and email. She asked me to provide her possible times that could work for us to talk (as her schedule was wide open) which I did. She then sent an email invite with times different then what I confirmed. I followed up with her and explained that I wasn't available at those times, so she offered me up two more times that didn't work and was very short with me. I took these as clues that the reviews on here were probably correct about the culture. I declined the times and wished her the best with her search. She then sends me a note asking me to explain why I missed our phone screen? Any time a company has someone rude and inconsiderate in HR reaching out to candidates...that should be a major red flag to run! Can you imagine how they'll treat you when you are an employee?

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenneco (Monroe, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Area Sales Manager III job which is an upper level sales management job, right out of college. I managed to make it through the initial phone screening and then went through a phone interview with one of their HR reps. The interview was pretty standard with most of the basic questions you'd expect. After that I had a phone interview with the sales manager who would be my boss. This interview was a lot more in depth and asked a lot more detailed questions. After this we scheduled a skype interview to talk through a few more issues, including the possibility of changing the position from Area Sales Manager III to Market Specialist since I was fresh out of college. I then was invited to come to an on-site interview in Monroe, MI at the company's headquarters. I met with a HR rep for a quick interview followed by three more interviews with various leaders in the sales program. I received an offer about a week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and why do you feel qualified to do it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a complex problem that you have encountered and tell me how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite car and why?   Answer Question
    • What do you know already about our company?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tenneco (New York, NY).

Interview

Spoke to about 4 different managers in different areas and hired on the spot. Gave a good overview of the entire operation. Made it very easy to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Experience in leadership and safety   1 Answer

CMM Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tenneco (Smithville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Informal interview, showed me around the plant, talked with one of the QE's for about thirty minutes. After the interview, they took me into a conference room and offered me the job but we couldn't come to an agreement about the pay.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, the QE showed me a drawing and asked how I would measure it and asked about the GD&T on the drawing.   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grass Lake, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenneco (Grass Lake, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

First Step was a phone interview with HR Personnel followed with a Board type interview - consisting of 4 different Manager & Directors from various functional groups. Successful second interview was followed up with an extremely detailed and in-depth background and reference check.

Interview Questions

• What makes you prepared to fulfill the roles of this position?
      Name a time you failed at meeting a goal and how did you handle it?
      Explain one of the biggest successes of your career and why you consider it a success   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenneco (Monroe, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

The process begins with a phone interview where the candidates past experiences and skills are analyzed to see if he/she is a good fit for the job. If yes, an on-site interview is scheduled.

The on-site interview is thorough. Three to four people interview each candidate and they come together to decide where the candidate fits best. Take a bottle of water for the interview lasts 3 hours. Clearly elucidate experience and answer technical questions to the point.

Interview Questions

• Questions about GD&T and experience with Six sigma tools.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tenneco (Smithville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in person from an e-mail regarding open position. Typical application to fill out and typical questions like able to lift up to fifty pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, no disabilities etc. The physical took place out of town which includes hearing/vision. The urine test was quick but the location was somewhat hard to find but takes place in Smithville. The orientation starts at seven and lasts about five hours with breaks all paid for. During orientation I was asked if how soon I could start work and if I could come in first thing in the morning which I did.

Interview Questions

• The basics: Available for overtime and weekends. Willing to take physical out of town, Heavy lifting up to fifty pounds, Pass drug and background checks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to find out if I would be working overtime and was told slim chance which was misleading considering at least me and one other employee I knew had to work Mon-Sat 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Attendance policy is 7 points, after two hours one point per day and allowed seven per year.

Metallurgical Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenneco (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with questions centered around the job duties. Talked with my manager and discussed what my job duties would be. The whole conversation was very relaxed and made for a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you took a risk.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no degotiations