Cover image for Tenneco
Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tenneco Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 106 of over 106 interviews

In Person10%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Tenneco

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

Terrible. No organization. They just wanted someone to fill a position that would basically just make sure factory line wasn't on fire. It was easy to see through that, especially when they only planned to offer terrible base pay because they realized they would be paying you ridiculous overtime.

Interview Questions
  • Am I fine with working 11 days in a row with no days off. You can tell they were poorly organized and not open to new ideas. "This is how we've always done it" type of mentality.
    Answer Question

Tenneco

Application

I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

Lots of STAR style questions and 4 people in the Interview process including the other 2 previous interns. It was straight forward and a tour was given of the facility.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tenneco

Application

I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

2 stage interview First stage - On Teams call - its mostly technical and introducing myslef Secong stage - On site interview - 10 minutes presentation & Q/A. Introducing with other team managers and site walk

Interview Questions
  • Based on previous relevant expeience and what i bring to this role

Tenneco

Application

I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

Easy interview. Standard behavioral questions, lasted an hour. I found it hard to get a response back to my online applications and had to contact a recruiter directly over email. After that I was offered an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you worked on a project with a team member who did not cooperate, how did you handle this. (paraphrased question because I don't remember exact wording)
1 person found this interview helpful

Tenneco

Application

I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

Angenehmes Gespräch in netter Atmosphäre mit 2 Gesprächspartnern. Jedoch danach keine Rückmeldung trotz vereinbartem Rücksprachetermin und Mailanfragen. Gesprächsablauf: kurze Selbstvorstellung mit anschließenden Rückfragen. Danach Informationen zu anstehenden Tätigkeiten und Herausforderungen im Unternehmen, jedoch nichts konkretes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tenneco

Application

I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

Team style interview with peers and management group. Standard questions asked regarding past projects successes and failures. How would you approach the projects that failed differently? How would you deal with all difficult manager?

Interview Questions
  • What is your approach to identifying continuous improvement projects?

Tenneco

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tenneco

Interview

The interview process was held down at the blacksburg, va library. I went in with my resume and was greeted. Was handed an clipboard and application. I was asked over to another table where I spoke to Karen Givens about my background and was told about the Company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tenneco (Paris) in Mar 2022

Interview

Interviewer asked yes or no questions off the job description, never responded to any follow up emails. It was a disappointing experience, despite my excitement about the job and being qualified.

Interview Questions
  • Do you meet the qualifications listed per your resume?

Tenneco

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenneco in Mar 2022

Interview

2 men asking background work desires and salary and how handled other jobs and situations and all my past work environment and how stressful jobs was and how interesting and how many employees I had under my supervision and the jobs I had accepted and years of experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Celaya, Guanajuato

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenneco (Celaya, Guanajuato) in Feb 2022

Interview

Las personas que entrevistan no te atienden en tiempo y forma y mienten en lo que te ofrecen, cuando les pides una explicación te dicen que te lo dijeron en la entrevista, muy mal

Interview Questions
  • Como te ves en 10 años? Es en serio?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Interviews

Tenneco Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Tenneco as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.49 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineering Co-Op and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Machine Operator and Engineering Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Tenneco takes an average of 32 days when considering 72 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Design and Development Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Tenneco according to 72 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 19.43%

Tenneco logo

Affiliated Companies

Tenneco Careers

Cover image for Tenneco

Tenneco’s history as a stand-alone entity began in 1999, when the current company emerged from a conglomerate formerly consisting of six...More

• Vision|Values
  • Work at Tenneco
  • Quality Commitment
  • Our Company

Company Updates

11 days ago

Company News
On November 17, the next chapter in Tenneco’s great story started as the sale of the company officially closed, making Tenneco a privately held company. I am thrilled to introduce myself as Tenneco’s new CEO and look forward to leading this talented global team, working with our partners and serving our customers around the world. Tenneco is an extraordinary company with an outstanding heritage of serving its customers with the highest quality parts and services. Beginning today, we have a unique opportunity to continue that tradition and help position Tenneco for long term success. As we move forward, I look forward to working with all our partners in business and the communities where we live and work as we strengthen our relationships and build upon our tradition of accomplishments. For those potential team members who are thinking about joining us, Tenneco strives to be an employer of choice and is always searching for the best and brightest who desire to either begin or continue their careers with us.
www.tenneco.com

34 days ago

Company News
Tenneco to Supply Monroe Intelligent Suspension Technology for Li Auto Electric SUV September 29, 2022 SKOKIE, Ill., Sept. 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Tenneco (NYSE:TEN) today announced that it will supply the electronic suspension technology for the upcoming L9 electric luxury SUV from Li Auto. Tenneco's Advanced Suspension Technologies (AST) business will manufacture Monroe® Intelligent Suspension CVSAe™ electronic dampers for the new luxury model. The L9 is the second series model from the Beijing, China-based manufacturer of smart electric vehicles and the third model from a Chinese OEM to feature CVSAe technology. Monroe® Intelligent Suspension CVSAe(TM) electronic dampers CVSAe electronic damping technology continuously adapts to changing road conditions based on data provided by multiple onboard ride control sensors. An electronic control unit (ECU) processes sensor inputs and independently adjusts the electronic valve within each of the system's four dampers, resulting in optimal handling and comfort characteristics. Drivers can choose their preferred driving mode, ranging fr
Shared image - Tenneco to Supply Monroe Intelligent Suspension Technology for Li Auto Electric SUV
www.tenneco.com