Texas Attorney General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Attorney General Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.7

Child Support Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Interview

Applied on WorkinTexas.com. It took more than 6 weeks before I was called for an interview which was scheduled for the next day. A three person management team, one of whom was an attorney, interviewed me using preset questions. It took another 6 weeks to get the rejection letter.

IT Interview

Interview

Determine your need to hire a new employee (Are you properly utilizing the skills and talents of your current employees? Can your business growth support a new employee?)
    Conduct a thorough job analysis (What are the job's essential functions and key performance criteria?)
    Write a job description and job specification for the position based on the job analysis.
    Determine the salary for the position, based on internal and external equity (Is the salary comparable and proportional with the salaries and responsibilities of other positions inside your company as well as similar positions out in the marketplace?)
    Decide where and how to find qualified applicants (What are the recruitment techniques to be used? What is the time frame for conducting your search? Remember, advertising is not the only, or necessarily the best, way to recruit.)
    Collect and review applications and resumes, and then select the most qualified candidates for further consideration
    Interview the most qualified candidates for the position, based on the job's description and specification
    Check references
    Hire the best person for the job

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Conroe, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Work in Texas. Got an interview beginning of July. It was a panel interview of 3 people. They were very kind and easy to talk to. The environment was very relaxed. In September I got my fingerprints taken and 2 weeks after that I received an offer. Total time from interview to hiring was about 3 months.

Child Support Officer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Interview

Panel Interview. They ask scenario questions. Dress professional and come prepared to answer any questions without hesitation. Make sure you do not pause much when answering and make sure you make good eye contact with all of the panel members. Try to interview in the morning. Thank them for their time when the interview is done. Read the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and what skills and credentials you have to do the job?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle conflict in the work place?   1 Answer
    • What makes you the most qualified? Why would you be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer
    • team work and working independently....can you do these.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to meet a tight deadline. What did you do to get this done? Give an example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about 4-6 weeks after I interviewed to get the offer. If you are not selected for the position than about 2 weeks after the interview you will get a letter stating you were not considered.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General in May 2016.

Interview

Interview panel was the office's 3-person management team. They took turns asking a total of 8 questions, hoping to find out if your personality aligns with the goals of the agency as a whole and the office environment they hope to achieve. The interview was very relaxed and straightforward. In addition to the eight questions, there were side questions and conversations that I believe were helpful in the panel's understanding of who I am as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best person for this job?   Answer Question
    • How does your education and previous work experiences qualify you for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses that will contribute to this job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to give someone some difficult news   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jourdanton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Jourdanton, TX).

Interview

I filled out an application online and about a couple weeks later was called to set up a time to be interviewed. When I went in, I met with both managers of the office one was over the lawyers and the other one was over the office. I was very nervous because I never interviewed with more than one person at the same time. The interviewers where polite.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all questions, but for the ones I remember: What experiences do I poses in an office setting, what equipment and programs did I work with, where did I see my self in 10 years...   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Weird. they had me to read a piece of paper with the description and they said that they were very desperate to hire someone. there were three people in a panel that passed a paper amongst themselves to interview me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience and how would it apply to what they have open.   Answer Question

Network Specialist II - SAN Antonio, TX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within a week after my online application. I was interviewed by two managers that work out of Austin. Most of the questions were about my methods of completing work and how I interact with staff. We spent about 45 minutes talking about the position and answering questions off a list before I was rushed off to meet the office managers.

The three office managers asked a bit about myself and background in a panel type interview that I was not prepared for. I was not given the chance to ask questions of my own and was told that HR would contact me in three weeks if I was selected. I was told that it would be best for me not to give two weeks notice and start with them ASAP.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (San Marcos, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply at Workintexas.com you'll be called for an interview. You will interview in front of 2-3 people. The HR process takes 4-6 weeks. You'll receive a phone call with an offer. If you didn't get the position you will get a letter in the mail.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was approached by the project manager at the Texas Attorney General. I applied for another position and she saw my profile. I was called in for an interview. I found out that Goodwill Industries was the agency for the temporary assignments. I interviewed with the project manager. Went and got my drug test. I was then contacted by Goodwill that I got the assignment. I went in and filled out more forms at a Goodwill office across town since the Attorney General only work with the Austin Hwy Location. I got my assignment date there.