Texas Attorney General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (El Paso, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with the hiring manager, supervising attorney, and office manager all over the phone. They were friendly and talked about the job and what was expected of you. Interview lasted 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• How important is internal customer service?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer/client always right?   Answer Question
    • If paternity was just proven using a DNA test that was 99.8% accurate, what enforcement issues would come up and how would you present that argument to the judge?   Answer Question
    • How would you investigate someone who hasn't paid child support for 18 months and how would you present evidence that they are able to pay but haven't?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about support staff drafting pleadings and motions?   Answer Question

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Managers ask you questions in a panel review fashion, each manager asked your list of questions and takes notes based on your answer. Afterwards, you are asked if you have any question and they call you for a follow-up interview.

Child Support Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Interview

Applied on WorkinTexas.com. It took more than 6 weeks before I was called for an interview which was scheduled for the next day. A three person management team, one of whom was an attorney, interviewed me using preset questions. It took another 6 weeks to get the rejection letter.

IT Interview

Interview

Determine your need to hire a new employee (Are you properly utilizing the skills and talents of your current employees? Can your business growth support a new employee?)
    Conduct a thorough job analysis (What are the job's essential functions and key performance criteria?)
    Write a job description and job specification for the position based on the job analysis.
    Determine the salary for the position, based on internal and external equity (Is the salary comparable and proportional with the salaries and responsibilities of other positions inside your company as well as similar positions out in the marketplace?)
    Decide where and how to find qualified applicants (What are the recruitment techniques to be used? What is the time frame for conducting your search? Remember, advertising is not the only, or necessarily the best, way to recruit.)
    Collect and review applications and resumes, and then select the most qualified candidates for further consideration
    Interview the most qualified candidates for the position, based on the job's description and specification
    Check references
    Hire the best person for the job

Child Support Officer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Three Person Panel interview: each member of management ask three questions each to the interviewee.They will also explain the interview process and wait time before an offer is given to the select individual. After the interview, you get the opportunity to ask questions surrounding the position.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 state and federal goal incentives within the organization? What are the 4 Cs of the organization? How do you locate a non-custodial parent's assets?   1 Answer

Child Support Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Conroe, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online at Work in Texas. Got an interview beginning of July. It was a panel interview of 3 people. They were very kind and easy to talk to. The environment was very relaxed. In September I got my fingerprints taken and 2 weeks after that I received an offer. Total time from interview to hiring was about 3 months.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General.

Interview

Panel Interview. They ask scenario questions. Dress professional and come prepared to answer any questions without hesitation. Make sure you do not pause much when answering and make sure you make good eye contact with all of the panel members. Try to interview in the morning. Thank them for their time when the interview is done. Read the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and what skills and credentials you have to do the job?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle conflict in the work place?   1 Answer
    • What makes you the most qualified? Why would you be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer
    • team work and working independently....can you do these.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to meet a tight deadline. What did you do to get this done? Give an example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about 4-6 weeks after I interviewed to get the offer. If you are not selected for the position than about 2 weeks after the interview you will get a letter stating you were not considered.

Child Support Officer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people (manager, supervisor, and managing attorney). Each person has a list of about 3-4 questions off a piece of paper that they read off, while you're answering they write down your response. The questions are generic.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General in May 2016.

Interview

Interview panel was the office's 3-person management team. They took turns asking a total of 8 questions, hoping to find out if your personality aligns with the goals of the agency as a whole and the office environment they hope to achieve. The interview was very relaxed and straightforward. In addition to the eight questions, there were side questions and conversations that I believe were helpful in the panel's understanding of who I am as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best person for this job?   Answer Question
    • How does your education and previous work experiences qualify you for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses that will contribute to this job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to give someone some difficult news   Answer Question

Child Support Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jourdanton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Attorney General (Jourdanton, TX).

Interview

I filled out an application online and about a couple weeks later was called to set up a time to be interviewed. When I went in, I met with both managers of the office one was over the lawyers and the other one was over the office. I was very nervous because I never interviewed with more than one person at the same time. The interviewers where polite.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all questions, but for the ones I remember: What experiences do I poses in an office setting, what equipment and programs did I work with, where did I see my self in 10 years...   Answer Question