Texas Water Development Board Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Water Development Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Sep 2019

Interview

The main issue was the waiting period and the lack of communication. It took six weeks for them to make a decision about the status of the position. I received one email from them during this period. It’s a government agency, so don’t expect much in the way of transparency.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at TWDB?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Ask about your experience in GIS and all other things the job posting says. It was in their headquarters location in Austin Texas. Group panel interview style.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX)

Interview

Questions, given immediate feedback on responses, extremely friendly interviewers who gave great advice; they use the interview process to try to learn about you, but also so you can improve at interviewing

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Apr 2018

Interview

Were very supportive and helpful throughout the process. Would give you feedback on how you responded to questions on the spot and advice for how to respond in future interviews. Tried to make the interview a learning experience. Especially helpful for first-time interviewees. Heard back to schedule an interview around a month after I submitted my application. This was for the Bays and Estuaries program.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Jun 2016

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month. I sent in my application via their website and their HR contacted me immediately to say that it was received. There was some silence for a while, but then I was contacted in mid-May and interviewed early June. There were two interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you used your problem solving skills to overcome an obstacle

Application

Interview

After I applied and submitted all the info. I thought they might want to verify my qualifications I got called for an interview. A panel of 3 team leads were at the interview. One of them lead the interview and asked most of the questions, occasional comments/questions from the other two interviewers. It was disappointing that they told me at the interview that they were going to hire 3 people, they only hired one or none at all.

Interview Questions
  • Asked several of the definitions for different acronyms related to the position.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Jul 2015

Interview

It was a group panel consisting of 3 people engaged in asking questions and 1 person that was pretty neutrual. The questions were pretty basic. I would just read up on general interview questions then I would taylor answers to the product line.

Interview Questions
  • It was very basic common since interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Apr 2015

Interview

Apply online and wait for an interview. Several weeks went by before being notified for an interview. Several more weeks went by before being receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What similar type of work have you done?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX) in Jun 2014

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people one of them is the Director and the other is the team lead. They ask me a set of questions related to the job. Also about my previous experience dealing with my boss and co-workers.

Interview Questions
  • There are a series of questions related the system that they use. So if you never work at the state job then you won't be able to answer any of them.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Water Development Board (Austin, TX)

Interview

Single interview with standard questions. Met with a group of three on the team including the manager.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were relevant to the position and my experience. A few technical questions.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews